March 31, 2011

It's okay.

Pakistan lost.

I know.
I didn't follow the match religiously, like lots of other fans, because I'm not a die hard cricket fan. I just get caught up in the cricket fever whenever  T20 or the World Cup rolls around. Lol. And it's not like I know nothing about cricket, I know about 85% So it's overall an enjoyable experience.
Not today though.
For most of Pakistan, THIS was the final, not the semi final. I watched the first 5 overs avidly, decided that I was way too tired, and so I napped for about 3 hours. When I woke, it was Pakistan's turn to bat.
The best thing I can say about it all is that, we lost respectably. We lost by 29 runs, and that is a normalish score. We could've won with a little bit more effort, but hey, if this is what was going to happen, then it was going to happen.
Oh, and another thing. India's fielding was INCREDIBLE. :O
Me and my family's jaws were open for upto a minute, every time India would stop a ball that looked destined to be a four or a sixer. They wanted to make sure we didn't win. I don't blame them, this was the semi final after all.
Well, it's over with, all back to our normal lives. It's almost 1am here, and I have my last day of college tomorrow before spring break. Yay!

8 comments:

Mehreen said...

i intently watched the 2nd half when PK was batting and i kept on getting sooooo angry that india wouldnt let a single ball go it was so frustrating as if every hit we got their fielding was so tight that it felt risky to even take a single run. a couple friends n i had it playing on the computer n we'd be screaming at it n cheering/moaning accordingly lol jus like superfans...

u know how the timing it different here right so for us it was 5 am when it started n i had class in the morning so i missed a hefty chunk of it but i was so disappointed. i got all dressed up in color i was wearing this white 3/4 sleeve color shirt under a green super short sleeve shirt n n the edge of my yellow/gold/mustard color tanktop lining the bottom of my shirt n i put so much thought into it n how iw as gonna bhangra when we won in front of all my Indian friends... ugh so upsetting...
n another upsetting thing abt it is that i feel cricket is what unites EVERYBODY in Pakistan. whenever theres some series we're not sindh or punjab or pathaan or kashmiri... we're all jus pakistani n everyone loves each other n it lasts for a good time as long as pakistan wins n beating india woulda made it that much better
ugh whatever... hoping for sri lanka taking the cup i guess but i could care less... for all i know the world cuz is done

Laterally Moved. said...

I know how you feel girl. Sadia actually cried in class today :/ I mean, I didn't even cry. I went to college and everyone was mega sad and mega angry. And that's just my college. A guy in Faisalabad hit a brick on his head in anger. :O And two men died yesterday of heart attacks when they saw that Pakistan could never win that many runs on that little balls. THAT'S how crazy things got here.

ow that's what everyone's saying too, that they want Sri Lanka to win the Cup. For the first time, I actually care about Sri Lanka, lol. GO SRI LANKA!

Furree Katt said...

LOL i did see the match, i just missed a bit of the first innings :P i'm not that big on cricket so for me it was an overall well-played game, and India won fair and square, and Afridi gracefully accepted it :D i hate how people overact when it comes to things like this, it's not like somebody died. it was fun to watch and the other team won, big deal.
YOUR MUM IS TOO CUTE ♥ and so are youuu!

Furree Katt said...

p.s. i tagged yooooou in my latest post, go and see. :D

Sara said...

Assalaam Alaikum Wafa,

This comment is going to be in regard to your Cycle in my Mind post because I'm not sure if you'll get the chance to read it there, lol.

But as a side, I completely agree with Furree Kat. I don't believe people should be taking the game so seriously that it causes deaths! Pakistan and India may have an intense rivalry, but that doesn't mean it should cause fanaticism over a game. That's beyond saddening.

Anyway, I am so glad to read that the previous comments I had left eased your mind. =) Alhumdulillah, I always consider myself extremely blessed to have been born Muslim since Islam is such a beautiful religion, and one that provides a reasonable answer in accordance with even science (something that most religions are incompatible with).

If you're more curious about how the theory evolution is a failed response to how life on earth originated then I highly recommend the following e-book by Harun Yahya a Muslim academic from Turkey.

Link: http://www.harunyahya.com/evolution01.php

Also, your fears about death are completely understandable. I think we all feel a sense of fear when thinking about it because we're afraid of the unknown, i.e. if we may be subject the punishment of the grave, and worse yet land up in Jahannam. But I think it's these fears, as you rightly pointed out, that help us in our struggle to become better Muslims, Insha'Allah.

May Allah protect us all from the fitna in this world, the trials in the Hereafter, and allow us to taste the sweetness of Jannah.

Zy said...

are you and http://montecrystal.blogspot.com/ siblings?

Laterally Moved. said...

Hahaha yes we arre :) Sisters. Crap, now everyone knows :P

Zy said...

Oh. I'm sorry. I just saw the picture of your mum on both the blogs, that's why I asked. You can delete my previous comment if you want ^.^