Today, and yesterday, and about two weeks before that as well, life has been really weird.
I probably have not been giving it so much importance in my blog, but I'm ill. And lately, it's been happening all the time. It started a few days before my stage. Everytime I sat down to study, my head would start feeling really heavy and dull- not exactly tired, but drowsy. I dismissed the thought and assumed it was because I was bored of studying so much all the time (lol).
Oh! Before I go further, let me just say that the stage result is here! :D And I passed! I got 117/200. It sounds bad, because it's only 60% but it really isn't. In med school, you have to maintain a passing grade, and if you get really good marks, that's great, but normally everybody gets average. Med school is kind of an equalizer in the whole GPA thing. Even the best of the best get average marks once in awhile, and that's kinda cool. There is still a whole competitive streak, but it's not fierce, it's more friendly. But I will still not use the ''average-marks-are-okay-in-med-school'' excuse to get away with how bad the result is. I know, okay? It was because of the whole drowsiness episode that was happening to me while preparing for the stage.
So, I have been eating like I normally do, sometimes a lot, sometimes not so much. It never affected me too much, unless I was super hungry, then my body would feel totally useless. If you've seen the pictures I've posted up in previous blog posts, you'll see that...I'm not exactly on the healthy side. In fact, I'm pretty thin. And I always have been, throughout all my teen years (no bulimic phase thank God) and even now. I've resigned to the fact that I'll probably always be this way, and I don't make any particular effort to gain weight.
Today, when I woke up I was already feeling dizzy, but I attributed that to waking up so early. By the time I was in the bus, without eating breakfast, my left arm and leg were starting to grow numb, which is my personal symptom of needing food, and badly. As I got to college, I bought some cookies and orange juice, and downed it. The first class, Biochemistry tutorial, went horrible. I was dazed and tired and out of mind and slow, and I was getting irritated at everything, the fan, my hair, my friends' stupid laughter. After that class, it was Physiology lecture, which started okay, but near the end, the same thing started to happen. Tiredness, dazing out.
Something was seriously wrong.
I decided not to attend the lecture after Physio (it was Histology) and I asked A if she would skip class with me and she said yes. As we were walking in the hall, and we stopped at the notice board, my legs started shaking. No, seriously. My leg muscles felt like Jell-O, they were shaking and wobbling. At first I thought it was an earthquake, but then I didn't see anyone else freaking out, and I knew it was me. Apparently, I had gotten so weak that my body was now reacting very negatively. By some superhuman strength, me and A went across the street to get food. I had two pizza slices, juice, and chocolate. I felt better after that, but that was a very scary moment, and something that made me realize that I really am putting my body through hell by not having breakfast in the morning.
When I came home, I told my mom what happened (with a few exaggerations lol). She started worrying like crazy and proceeded to stuff my face with food the whole day. After I woke up from my nap, I had a small lunch/dinner, and then began to study for my Physiology viva + written test on Saturday.
And there it started happening again. My head feeling heavy, drowsiness, even some pain, eyes closing.
What is wrong with me?
I had a glass of milk, cookies. Still the same. I started studying while laying down, and that seemed to make SOME difference, atleast. Then I took a break and went downstairs to interact with my family. That made all the difference in the world, my head instantly cleared up. When I came upstairs, I was able to complete the chapter I had to study today. But now as I'm writing this blog post, my head is beginning to hurt again. :/
I'm half afraid I'll die in my sleep tonight.
I must start eating properly, it's not even a choice anymore, it's a necessity. And the works, meaning a full breakfast, eggs, milk, lots of food during the day. Does anyone know what could be happening to me? Yes, I'm studying to be a doctor and I don't even know.
Besides that, my day has been really weird. I'm just so occupied with this affliction of mine that I'm not noticing. Today is one of my closest friend's birthday, and me and her friends from college are planning a surprise party for her. Normally, I would be excited and be planning on what to wear, but I'm not that excited. I'm still going though. Lol. There's gonna be cake.
I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow.
I hope everybody is doing better than me. Truly.
4 comments:
Assalaam Alaikum,
I came across your blog while blog hopping and just wanted to say hope you get better soon, Insha'Allah. =)
Even though being unwell and feeling weak is one of the worst feelings, hopefully in being patient throughout the ordeal it may be an expiation for your sins.
Lovely writing by the way, and the ice cream from a few posts ago looks extremely tempting!
THANK GOODNESS YOU'RE SEEING A DOCTOR :O
it sounds awful, what you went through. that was a pretty severe reaction to not having just one meal. :/
hey, maybe Nas (the blogger) will know! he knows everything :P
@ Furree Katt, now I feel pressured to say something clever 8-). I don't know everything.
@ the writer of the post. Okay, that is extremely abnormal, having symptoms such as headaches, diziness, partial paralysis etc etc is not something I think would be the result of missing just 1 meal. It could be something really serious but it could be just a freak incident. It's good you're going to see a doctor, better safe than sorry right?
And seriously, take care of yourself. I hope and pray that things get better for you soon insha'Allah. :)
CAKE FTW! :D.
Hope you have a lovely weekend.
:)
@Sara: You know, you have a point, and I didn't think of it that way. The expiation part. Wow. And I hope you keep up with the rest of my blog :D
@ Furree and Nas: Yes, it felt strange to me too, to experience all this by only missing one meal. Read my new blog post to see what was the cause behind all this. Lol.
Post a Comment