Today has honestly been one of the weirdest days of my life. Start from the beginning,let's?
I slept at 3am, to wake at 6am feeling extremely groggy and not in the mood at all to attend college. I almost always feel that way, so I just selected clothes at random and threw them on. I look ridiculous, to say the least.
First class was Histology practical. I waited outside the Histology lab till 8:05am, wondering why they weren't opening the doors, to find out that there was going to be an exam there, and I was due in another classroom. I do NOT like being this disoriented so early in the morning. So I attended that class, which was horrible, because I didn't know the answers to any of the teacher's questions, and the practical was so hard to draw that I must've erased it atleast 10 times before I got it right. Even then, I didn't complete it, and I needed to borrow someone else's journal to finish it.
Now, I'm carrying a bag which has my laptop in it, and two Histology journals. I go to the lecture hall, and it's a Biochemistry lecture. This went fairly alright, it really made me angry that I couldn't see the projector screen. The reason behind that is because I didn't put my contacts on today. The reason behind THAT is because on of the lenses is severely irritating me,and I came home to a fully bloodshot eye. It's still not clear, and it burn occasionally. I need a new left lens. Then, after Biochemistry was General Anatomy, which I almost always never attend nowadays, because it is an easy lecture, all you have to do is read from the textbook. So me and A cut class, and sat in the lawn to finish up our work. She was doing Biochemistry, and I was doing Histology. Thankfully, I got it done, and then me and her went across the street to get some 'real' food to eat (I say real because the canteen food is rubbish). Oh, and before sitting in the lawn, I got really sick and had to go to the bathroom. Feeling much better, I joined A.
After we came back from getting our things, we enter our college, and there is some sort of a riot going on, people shouting, and a crowd around this guy. Apparently, there was a strike for increasing the pay of the residents working in the hospital. Freaked me out, to say the least.
After that, we had a 2 hour dissection class. The first thing that put me off was the smell of the Dissection Hall. It was actually really bad today, and I don't know why. I've been here two months, and I've always been able to tolerate the smell, but not today. To add fuel to the fire, I wanted to go through identification of the course for my next substage,which was the back of the leg and the sole of the foot. But damn it, everyone crowded around that one leg, it was impossible to get around it. When I finally decided to assert myself and tell everybody to move, I only got my id done within 5 minutes, not enough time to absorb and remember. Then I had to move on. I tried to look for something else I could do, because I want to do well in this substage, and I saw a teacher doing the ankle and the tibiofibular joint. But the moment I reached there, once again, it crowded up, and I was in no mood to push people physically. I was holding a 4 pound bag for Christ's sake. Not to self: Bring a lighter bag tomorrow.
So, I didn't learn as much as I wanted to in that class. S met up with me about ten minutes later and we went across the street because she wanted to get chocolate. When we came back and sat on the lawn, the topic slowly steered towards H, and she began to ask me very personal questions about him. I did not feel comfortable, and answered as vaguely as I could. That made me feel really weird, you can't imagine.
She left, and it was almost time for my bus to come. At that moment, Haf called me up to tell me that I had to pick up my pot and spoons from the canteen, the ones that I brought for the funfair. Oh shit. I literally had to take all of this home, through the bus (in which I fell asleep with my head lolling by the way) in a rickshaw, and now, mercifully, I am home.
I don't know why I wrote a whole blog post about it, I just needed to feel some semblance of ''better'', because I feel like the day just whooshed by and I didn't even do anything, and if things go too fast like that I feel like I have no hold over it and I lose control and feel extremely insecure, and overwhelmed.
I have loads of studying to do, and I plan on sticking to it tonight. Last night I planned on studying, but...the Oscars was on. :P It was great this year.
I will go take a well deserved nap, and try to regain control over the night of March 1st. I hope everybody ad a better day than I did!

1 comment:
the two on the left are beautiful mashallah ;)
Post a Comment