I have good news, and bad news.
The good news is, our money situation is solved to a more or less extent. It felt really good, to know that we can afford some things now, because I seriously felt really...impoverished. And it's not a good feeling. I wonder how people below the Poverty line feel.
Also, Kt came back yesterday! :D That is definitely a cause for celebration, as the house felt empty without her (though I will never admit it to her). I assumed the role of older sister and basically unpacked her two suitcases. I knew she's never do it, being in residence wouldn't have taught her responsibility, lol.
The bad news is, now that we have money, we were definitely thinking of the first priority in our list: Mom's surgery. Mom left with Dad for the hospital this morning at 10am for the surgery. And by the time I came back home, I learned that the procedure is already underway. So as of this moment, my mother has taken the first step to getting better. After that will be a two week proper bed rest, and treatment, and inshAllah, hoping for the complete best, her wound will be gone and she will be as good as new. :) It's really impatient, waiting here at home for news. Even Dad said that he doesn't know how long the surgery will take, because he didn't meet the doctor, they just wheeled her in the Operation Room. Please pray for her well being and successful surgery and treatment. It would mean the world to me when this will be cured :)
This week was probably the first week in a long time where I've attended college for all 6 days. Lol. I normally skip a day, or for some reason or the other, a holiday is called, like next week on Wednesday, it's Pakistan Day. It felt good to attend college today, because Saturday is the day I miss the most, and when I woke up that morning, I was feeling that same Saturday dread again, but I literally forced myself to get up and go. And it worked, though I looked ridiculous in some outfit I concocted in 15 seconds.
I'm really tired, and hungry. I'm desperately waiting for my mother to come home, and I can't think of anything else besides that. I need to study as well, we began upper limb today, and even though it is tough, it is not as tough as the lower limb, the one I did before, so it's all good. I learned this new technique where I could record some of the important lectures that I want on my phone, which has really proved useful, as I have 60 minutes worth of recording time, and I recorded all of Physiology, which is a really tough subject that you cannot just learn by rote, you really need to understand it. Tonight, I'll play it back and re-learn everything I learned today.
This is A's drawing. She calls a baby ''bibby'', because that's how our blood Physio teacher pronounces it. I swear, I've been in this country for 8 years, and it STILL surprises me how people could get so many pronounciations wrong. Not funny. Like solubility is ''saalability'', with emphasis on ''t''. It's crazy, but yet a continuous source of laughter for us friends.
It's eyes are so huge!
I don't feel like writing anymore. When I do, I'll know where to come to.

3 comments:
Hey Assalamu Alaikum :).
I hope things get better for you, and may your mum (spelt with a 'u' -___- ) have a successful surgery, and a speedy recovery insha'Allah. :).
As for the upper limb, remember the MacDonald's 'M' when you are looking at the division of the median nerve, musculocutaeneous (could never spell it) nerve and the ulnar nerve.
All the best!
aha, Nas I'm American, for me ''Mum'' is ''Mom''. :P But I'm used to calling her mum too.
Wow, thanks for the ''M'' help! It seems pretty easly understandable so far, let's hope it stays that way :S
Thank you so much! She is much better now, the surgery was successful, now everything depends upon her treatment. She's at home, with us, resting :)
i'm so glad to know your mum's (haha i say mum :P) surgery went well, and that your money problems are becoming better! ♥
THAT DRAWING'S EYES ARE REALLY... hollow. :O
Post a Comment