March 27, 2011

Random Shandom.

Today was a much much much MUCH better day. Alhamdulillah :D
Health wise, I mean. 
I did still feel some bouts of heaviness and drowsiness, but they went away quicker than before, and generally throughout the day, I just kept on eating.
I woke up at 10:50am, but I actually got out of bed at around 12:45pm, lol. I was tired, and I like biding my time. And besides, it's the weekend! That's what the weekend is for, right? Relaxing and waking up whenever you want to. 
We've been having a massive problem in our house nowadays, which is the water problem. And we've never had it before, we've been very water luxurious and pampered Alhamdulillah, so it was like a serious bolt from the blue :/ Basically what happened is, when my mom was in the hospital for surgery, I short circuited the motor by accident. And we basically live for the motor, whenever the water pressure is just a tad below normal, we turn the motor on which makes the water gush. Yay. :) So from me short circuiting it, basically it meant that we would have a limited water supply until it was fixed. Unfortunately, my dad accidentally fitted the old motor with a new one that pumped water more slowly. So for three days, we've had literally no water in the morning and early afternoon. By evening, we would have found some way for the water to come through the taps. I have been brushing my teeth with minimal water (I'm serious, like drip drops) for the past two days. 
So today we finally called a plumber, and got it fixed. I liked having my water back but it really got me thinking about the people in this world who don't have access to water like me. I lived their life for two days and it made me really down. I wonder what they are going through. My prayers go out to them. 
After that, I had breakfast (actually lunch, but my first meal of the day is always breakfast) and then I just helped clean the house for awhile, went online, and then started to study at 6pm. I had to do one more chapter of Physiology, and I finally did get it done. :) Tomorrow will be a day for revision, and I plan on dedicating most of my day to that. Without revision, I suck at tests. I think everyone does. You need to revise everything once more, the day before, so it's all fresh in your mind and ready to be written.
I am currently on two prescriptions: one is a syrup, called Fercomplex or something, which is to overcome my iron deficiency,and the other is a Cal tablet, those huge orange tablets you put in water and watch it disintegrate and then drink it. Both are tasty, so I don't mind either one. This will be a fun recovery, inshAllah :)
I am going to have a really hectic week, this coming week. I have a Physiology test and viva on Monday (every other batch had their vivas already, on different dates, we are the only batch who is going to have both on one day. I still don't know if that's good or not) and then I have my Biochem viva and my first substage of the upper limb on Wednesday. I'm not particularly freaked, but I'm afraid I might crack under pressure. I am not good under pressure at all. If you want me to confess to something, it's easy. Just put me under the spotlight. I'm not used to it, I need things to be relaxed and under control. Pressure indicates chaos. I don't like chaos. Hence my blog name Organized chaos. I'm a mess under control.
I hate the brachial plexus. Nas, can you teach it to me? I haven't learned anything for the substage, I've only been revising the things that the doctor has been teaching us day by day. Hopefully, I won't do too badly. 
I read two prayers today, and it felt good. It was out of the blue too, I just sat down to begin studying, and then I looked at the time and saw that I still had time for Asr, and so I got up and prayed. 
This was a very random blog post, with nothing definite, but it's okay. I'm in that kind of a mood.
Tomorrow will be a better day. :)

3 comments:

Nas said...

You're right there's a lot we take for granted. And living with little water is not a pleasant feeling. I remember when I was in Pakistan, I used to have showers that used to empty the water tank 8-).

Take your meds and hopefully you'll be teekh taakh soon insha'Allah.

As for the request. Umm. Bracial plexus. If you had told me earlier, I'd have written a post on it like I did for CVS. I'm a bit snowed under work atm, essays, dissertation etc, but I'll see what I can do for you. (Just remember to revise in case I forget ).

:)

Laterally Moved. said...

I remember you taught me the Mcdonald's M! :D The batches who did upper limb were teaching me that too, and I was reminded of you :)

Mehreen said...

i like random blogs like these. theyre like my fb messages to u