February 15, 2011

Pushing it back.

So today was the dreaded Biochem test. When I opened up my first set of notes, the ones I studied last week, I found out that I really didn't remember most of what was written. Maybe I had it psychologically planted in my mind that the course was too much for a first test. Anyways, even with a completely full and undigested stomach, I went to college, praying I wouldn't get sick there. I skipped first period (It was Histology practical, I've attended every single one except today's, so it's okay) and sat on a bench in the corridor and studied. Later A  joined me. This chick is really something. I met her under a weird circumstance, when me, Sa and S were reading a notice on the notice board, and she was there too, acting...well, very frank to everyone. And I didn't think anyone knew her, so it made me feel kind of ill placed, lol. Later I found out that she DID know Sa and S, and she was going to be S's roommate in the future, so it was all good. Literally the next day, she sat down with us, and for the next few days after that too. The thing that struck me was when I found out that she had listened to ''Breathe'' by Anna Nalick, a song virtually unknown to everyone except me, another friend, and my sister. It is very rare to find someone here who listens to your kind of music. I immediately liked her.
Me and her have gotten more chances to talk and chill than I have with anyone else, because me and her have skipped two General Anatomy classes, and my other friends were too goody goody to do so,lol. We've talked, and discovered there's literally only one difference between us: she likes rain and I don't. Otherwise that, we could've been formed from the same mind. We've talked about our views on men, about college, about life, about opinions, and I hope we get more time to talk about it in the future, because she honestly is a very cool girl. :)
So she spent the morning with me because she caught up with me while I was studying, so we studied together, then we went our separate ways to give the test. The test...itself, it was really weird, like I knew everything but in a butchered way, it was really crazy. The paper was really easy too, it's not like it was hard, but there was literally a shortage of time (only a half hour for 25 marks!)  and I came out of the classroom feeling very displaced. T shake off the feeling, I went with A to the cafe, and then to the lawn to just unwind, and it did help me with that. 
Afterwards, I went to Dissection, and just did an overview of what I'm supposed to learn for the next substage. It's not that hard! Just a few muscles of the lateral side of the leg, and some muscles of the foot, that's it. The knee and hip joint are the hard parts. And the good thing is, we have a written sub stage this time, meaning a proper test, so inshAllah I will do well. I've been having..memorizing trouble since I've been here, since there is no one book for everything, and I am reading things from a mixture of books, so nothing stays in my head unfortunately. :( I need to start spending more time memorizing and actually focusing on my studies.
I have detached myself from H for awhile. I don't have the capacity to deal with what is going on between us, and even though it's not an actual fight, like it's not like we're not taking to each other, but there's just something...Something I can't explain. Everytime I begin to feel sad when I think about us, I immediately divert my mind, and it's wonderful how somebody can do that. You don't have to focus on the pain, and just move on till the next time you think it up again. I am just tired of all the excuses that I have to put up with, when he gives them. Maybe I'll write a second blog post about this. Yes, I will. 
Tomorrow is a holiday because of the Prophet (PBUH)'s birthday, and I don't think it could have come as a better time. And then after that till the funfair, this week is going to be relaxed. I'm going to focus on what's important to me, and though it might seem hard in the beginning, if you're determined enough, you will leanr to shut the bad things out in life. It might take away some of your happiness, but in the end, everything does. And that's why love is so important. Because the people you love are supposed to be there for you and be the source of all your happiness, almost all the time.

No comments: