Today was my substage :S It's an oral exam of the dissection of a certain part of the body. Mine was hip bone and front and medial part of thigh. It wasn't hard, and certainly not lengthy, but VERY confusing. After I think I would be done studying, I would go back to revise, and always mix a couple of things up. Due to this, I was very scared for today, afraid that the strictness of the examiner would scare me into going blank.
This morning was a good and bad morning. I've been wanting to pray Fajr (morning prayer) for 2 weeks now, but I always feel like I won't have the time, so I just wake up and start getting ready for college. So last night, I set my alarm for 5:50am (it's normally 6) and I woke up, and got everything done, including prayer :) and I felt awesome. Everytime I would think that I did something bad, I would remember that I prayed, and that everything will be alright. Prayer gives you a subconscious kind of a hope, and you can never feel wrong doing it, it's just one of those holy and amazing things where you feel completely at peace and alone with Allah, and that inshAllah, everything will be alright.
The bad part of this morning was that my left contact lens would not stop irritating me. :S I fixed it before I left home for the bus, but in the bus, it started irritating again. It felt like a grain of sand was stuck underneath my eyelid, it was so irritating and annoying, and I felt like my eye was going to be permanently scratched from the inside. It didn't get better when I went into Physiology class this morning. The first hour of it was spent of me taking my lens out, wetting it with solution, putting it back in. This was done about 3 times before, FINALLY, my lens was in place and wasn't bothering me at all. It still put me in a frustrated mood in the morning.
After physiology (in which I didn't study anything) there were two lecture hall classes, Physiology (yes, again) and Anatomy. I only paid attention the the last half hour of the latter class, as I spent the whole time revising. I was getting pretty good, and gaining confidence with every right answer. S and Sa are really warming up to me nowadays, and it feel great to know you're wanted, and some people would save a seat for you. I also became friends with two amazing girls, twins. I don't hang out with them on a daily basis, but I've talked to them, and they are really cool, and since they did O and A Levels, I totally know where their coolness comes from! Lol. Maybe we'll all warm up to each other and get together. Only time will tell. I know that I sound needy, but I know girls in my class who still don't have friends, and who change their seats every day, and have nothing fun to look forward to when they come here. So I feel really lucky that not only do I have friends, I have the friends that I want. :)
Then it was substage time :S I went to the dissection hall, and my normal teacher told me to go to room no.2, along with four other girls, we wold have our substage first. Two girls were missing, so I went to the dissection hall to find them. I was drinking a juice box, and a teacher saw me, and I got massively told off, being told that I had no respect for the dead, and when I attempted to put one hand in my pocket, the teacher screamed ''Get your hand out of your pocket!'' And she told me to get out. Gladly, I thought. I wasn't even supposed to be in there, lol. It was still pretty embarrassing.
The substage went pretty alright. I knew most of what she asked me, I was still pretty nervous though, kept on blanking out, but in the end I did okay. There were...two questions, I think, where I didn't know the answer, but I'm sure I did enough to pass. :) I was done pretty early, at 12:45pm, so I called Sarah up and asked where she was so we could hang out. Me and her then went across the street, to get some supplies for her (shampoo, planners) and while we were in the pharmacy, a lady comes up to me and says ''I've been watching you from across the street.'' Okay. Creepy. I asked, ''Why?'' She then proceeded to say ''Well, it's my mother, she's had this ear pain for awhile now, and every time she swallows it hurts...'' and I'm so lost, thinking why is she asking me. And then I remember. I'm still wearing my white coat! I say to her ''Do you think I'm a doctor?'' And she said yes! After this, I became tired, weary, and my head started hurting (I didn't have coffee today, no time) a smile was on my face knowing that somebody actually thought of me as a doctor. It was great.
Afterwards, me and S went to the hostel, because my bus normally parks there, so when it would be 2pm, I could just board y bus from the hostel. We had teh best hour, talking about things, sharing our lives, our secrets, our fears. I realize how much she misses home, and how she really wants to focus on her studies. I told her I would try to come over to her room after Friday college (it's a half day because of Juma'a prayer) and teacher her Biochem, because she's totally lost at it. Though I can't be in her situation, I'm soon going to be in 2012, when my parents leave for the US, and I felt for her. We had Snickers and a Sprite.
Oh yeah, I finally got time over the weekend to straighten my hair, and so I did so, and opened my hair for college. S opens it everyday. Everybody complimented on it, saying I looked great, and S told me I looked like a model and I had the perfect nose and perfect facial features :D That felt great to hear.
That was my day. I came home,napped, woke up, and now I wrote this blog post while eating some early dinner. I better go catch up on my work now, I've been online for over an hour!
I hope everyone is doing well. Be positive and keep smiling, even through the hardest of times. Cheers :)
4 comments:
arrggg i jus typed up a whole big comment on this n then it went away cuz i clicked create some username or somethingg
she warms up whenever she wants to, and then just goes away. it's all about her mood. how do you think she looks?
VICTORY DANCE! *moves from side to side*
Yeah, she looked at me and she's like ''I mean, legit, you're like so damn pretty, and I'm sure you don't beleve it'', and I'm like ''Yeah, you got that right'', and she's like ''No, your features are sharp, but it looks amazing on you, I want your nose.'' Lol!
Post a Comment