I found this really nice collection of quotes that I thought I'd share with you all. They are all originals of a friend of mine, and I love the openness and vulnerability that they give out. So here they are:
''Me? I wanted you to fight for me. And tell me that you would rather be alone than with anyone else.''
''God help you if you are an ugly girl, because too pretty is also your doom, 'cause everyone harbors a secret hatred for the prettiest girl in the room.''
''I’m not afraid of heights, swimming, or love. Just falling, drowning, and rejection.''
''Because you're nothing until you're talked about.''
''One thing I truly knew - knew it in the pit of my stomach, in the center of my bones, knew it from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet, knew it deep in my empty chest - was how love gave someone the power to break you.
I’d been broken beyond repair.''
''I’ll tell you a secret. Something they don’t teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we’re mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we’re doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.''
''I’m not afraid of heights, swimming, or love. Just falling, drowning, and rejection.''
''Because you're nothing until you're talked about.''
''One thing I truly knew - knew it in the pit of my stomach, in the center of my bones, knew it from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet, knew it deep in my empty chest - was how love gave someone the power to break you.
I’d been broken beyond repair.''
''I’ll tell you a secret. Something they don’t teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we’re mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we’re doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.''
''And maybe I found comfort in the words you said. Not from laying in your arms. They were the words i needed to hear, and it didn’t matter who from. It wasn’t puppy love or infatuation. Or love at first sight or anything that people always talk about and laugh. Maybe you don’t know just what I mean. I can’t really explain it, it’s so hard to put into words, but, well, it was just something I’d never felt before. Something I’d never even known. People can’t just tell you about things like that, you have to find them out for yourself. That’s why it is so important. It was something I’ll always remember because I just couldn’t forget.''
''Speak the truth. Even if your voice shakes.''
''Unless it’s mad, passionate, extraordinary love, it’s a waste of your time. There are too many mediocre things in life, and love shouldn’t be one of them.''
''& nothing's gonna change destiny, whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly.''
''At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world. Six billion souls. And sometimes -- all you need is one.''
''Speak the truth. Even if your voice shakes.''
''Unless it’s mad, passionate, extraordinary love, it’s a waste of your time. There are too many mediocre things in life, and love shouldn’t be one of them.''
''& nothing's gonna change destiny, whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly.''
''At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world. Six billion souls. And sometimes -- all you need is one.''
''This is to 4am phone calls and tears that can’t be wiped away by tissues.
This is to red wine and cigarettes on the bathroom floor, to the boy that didn’t love her back.
This is to valued letters and notes that got lost in the washer, torn into a million little pieces.
This is to believing every lie.
This is to being sick to my stomach just thinking about him loving someone else.
This is to the pain I hold in every day.
This is to the escape I thought I found in him.
This is to all the “What if?”s and the wishes that’ll never come true.
This is to everything you thought once meant something and never did.
This is to what didn't happen.
This is to how I wish I’d never come that close to loving you.
This is to knowing a relationship may or may not work out, but taking the leap anyway.
This is to sticking your finger down your throat, in hopes that they’ll accept you.
This is to every tear you’ve wasted on people who never cared.
This is to sitting and waiting for your phone to ring.
This is to finding him, and holding on tight.
This is to the girl behind that smile.
This is to True Love never ignited.
This is to that one person who you think is the kindest, sweetest, smartest, and most beautiful person ever.
This is to that one person who means everything.
This is to losing that one person.
This is to loving him, but having to say no to him.
This is to having him in your arms again, but knowing it won’t last.
This is to those nights where you just can’t sleep because every word they said to you replays, over and over.
This is to him telling your secrets that no one is supposed to know.
This is to the girl that puts on his jacket when she’s cold. And this is to the guy that catches her smelling in his scent.
This is to beautiful boys who are just beautiful friends.
This is to all the times I wish I had said no.
This is to that tingly butterfly feeling you get when they’re around.
This is to the very first kiss.
This is to the girl that never gives up; this is to the boy that lets her give up.
This is to eye contact, avoiding it, keeping it, trying to hide it.
This is to being so in love that it fucking scares you.
This is to the words never spoken.
This is for the children who cry themselves to sleep at night, wishing that their parent’s loved them.
This is to the girls who pretend to be super girl, just to hide their pain.
This is to the boys that made them hurt.''
This is to red wine and cigarettes on the bathroom floor, to the boy that didn’t love her back.
This is to valued letters and notes that got lost in the washer, torn into a million little pieces.
This is to believing every lie.
This is to being sick to my stomach just thinking about him loving someone else.
This is to the pain I hold in every day.
This is to the escape I thought I found in him.
This is to all the “What if?”s and the wishes that’ll never come true.
This is to everything you thought once meant something and never did.
This is to what didn't happen.
This is to how I wish I’d never come that close to loving you.
This is to knowing a relationship may or may not work out, but taking the leap anyway.
This is to sticking your finger down your throat, in hopes that they’ll accept you.
This is to every tear you’ve wasted on people who never cared.
This is to sitting and waiting for your phone to ring.
This is to finding him, and holding on tight.
This is to the girl behind that smile.
This is to True Love never ignited.
This is to that one person who you think is the kindest, sweetest, smartest, and most beautiful person ever.
This is to that one person who means everything.
This is to losing that one person.
This is to loving him, but having to say no to him.
This is to having him in your arms again, but knowing it won’t last.
This is to those nights where you just can’t sleep because every word they said to you replays, over and over.
This is to him telling your secrets that no one is supposed to know.
This is to the girl that puts on his jacket when she’s cold. And this is to the guy that catches her smelling in his scent.
This is to beautiful boys who are just beautiful friends.
This is to all the times I wish I had said no.
This is to that tingly butterfly feeling you get when they’re around.
This is to the very first kiss.
This is to the girl that never gives up; this is to the boy that lets her give up.
This is to eye contact, avoiding it, keeping it, trying to hide it.
This is to being so in love that it fucking scares you.
This is to the words never spoken.
This is for the children who cry themselves to sleep at night, wishing that their parent’s loved them.
This is to the girls who pretend to be super girl, just to hide their pain.
This is to the boys that made them hurt.''
1 comment:
The six billion souls one from One Tree Hill is my favourite :)
Post a Comment