January 3, 2011

First day of university.

Oh wow. Was today one of the best days of my life or what?? It was amazing, absolutely amazing. A recount from the start:
I woke up at 6:30am, all ready to start the day. I dressed. Since I was upgraded, my roll number and allotment of batch wasn't here yet, so I just joined classes on a preliminary basis. I missed my first two classes, I was with my dad in the office sorting out the admission issue. At 11:00, Aneeqa came to get me to attend Anatomy tutorial with her (Aneeqa is a friend I made in my academy last year. Just our luck we ended up at the same Uni). It was basically an introductory lecture to the degree of MBBS and the subject of Anatomy. It was in a lecture hall, a huge one. I sat all the way in the back because I didn't have a seat reserved. After that, at noon, we had..anatomy dissection. :S It was really freaky at first, and the stench was unbearable. There were covers over the cadavers, and only their hands were visible. :S I went over to one cadaver and saw that the top of his head...wasn't there. His brain wasn't there either. I didn't actually feel sick, I just felt like I needed to stop looking at that, like it was something personal. Lol. Later, the teacher came and revealed the cadaver. It was partially decomposed, from the head to the neck, then below it was a normal human body. It honestly looked like a mummy, its nose was gone, and eyes too. The decomposed part was yellowish, and the teacher was teaching where to run the scalpel, around the chest area. It wasn't that scary, it seemed unreal. Me and my friend left after 5 minutes, since it wasn't our demonstration. Then me and Aneeqa went out to eat something and wait for classes to end. 




When I was posing for the camera, a group of 4th years swooped in. Oh crap. They were going to rag us. I tried to make it light hearted, and in the end it did turn out to be fun. They were asking our names, where we were from, how much money we had on us. Then, they said that because I had a model figure, I should model for them. I was so completely bewildered at this point, but then I thought ''This is a girl's college. And this is my chance to prove that I'm not some timid person. They don't know who I am. I'll show them.'' And so basically I modeled. Lol. I wish I had pictures, but I was atleast shy enough that I told them not to take any. I catwalked, spun, showed off my overall. I didn't want them bothering Aneeqa, she is a painfully shy person, and she would probably cry if they made her do anything. It didn't matter anyway, since they focused on me. They then proceeded to make me give a full detail on what make up I would use on my cheeks if I was going out to a party. Lol. Then, they made me sing. I used to be so embarrassed of singing before, but today I was singing with full gusto, two songs. My Heart Will Go On, and ''Bin Tere'' in the movie Aggar. It was good,clean fun. In the end, they asked me to buy them corn, haha, which I did. Then, it was off time, and I grabbed a rickshaw and came home.
Another highlight of the day was meeting an American girl in the college. She will be called S. She had only been in Pakistan for 20 days due to an exchange program, called TEPAK or something like that, I don't remember. She was aloof, but that was probably because of the fact that she lived in hostel and was kinda down today. I hope we have a better interaction in the future.
I'm worried about making friends,because I'm a very picky friend chooser I don't like people who aren't funny, who don't make me laugh, who are too serious, too emotional. I'm afraid that I'll be stuck with the wrong group for 5 years. The girl I'm with now, she's too simple and sweet, and I don't think we have much in common. I'm not sure if I have much in common with the American either, but atleast we share a background. Hopefully, the entire class (yes, all 350 of us) will get acquainted soon, and people of all kinds will get together on their own, based on interests. I know exactly which kind of friends I want, let's see how things turn out to be.
Well, I will go make some roti for myself,and then maybe go through my anatomy book, just to revise what I learned today. This is going to be so much fun and exciting!

No comments: