January 15, 2011

Still on.

Okay, so since I haven't been updating for a while now, and everyday passes by in a blur, I'm going to only mention my day at the most, and maybe some background information too. There are so many pictures that I took to post up here, like the thickest fog of January 11th, but I honestly, sincerely could not find enough time. Internet sort of take 5th or 6th place after study, religion, family, H, and general cleanliness. Lol. So I apologize for the lack of news. Like anyone was reading anyway. :P
Here is the foggiest (and bitterly cold) morning of January the 11th. I walk to my bus stop which is about a 6 minute walk, and when I went out that morning, all I saw was white. And it so damn cold, the coldest day of the year I believe. I took a picture of it, but the fog does seem clearer in it for some reason, it was VERY thick.


On the left side, the white stuff, that's not snow. It doesn't snow in Pakistan. That's garbage. Yep. Don't ask.

So now today. I woke up with absolutely no intention of going to college, because today the first three batches of 1st year, A,B,C, had a sub stage, which was an oral exam of the dissection of the upper limb (mine is on Monday, of the lower limb). I thought that there wouldn't be any serious study done because of that, but I really couldn't take any chances, so I swung out of bed, and begrudgingly started to get ready. I don't get how people can actually wake up in the freezing cold every morning and get ready for uni/work. It's one of the toughest things for me to do. Honestly.
So, I went to college, and had a cup of coffee. I'm seriously beginning to get addicted to coffee. I used to only drink it in winters as a hot enjoyable drink, but now I honestly do it to keep myself awake. It's all purely psychological, back then I didn't stay awake by drinking it, but now I do, because I NEED coffee to stay awake. I was fully alert after that cup. Today was honestly one of the best days I've had at college so far, and I'll tell you why. First class was Anatomy lecture, but our teacher was busy getting the dissection hall prepared for the three batches, so she left early, and me and my friends decided to skip, lol. We went to the library where they picked up their cards (I didn't get one because I still don't have a roll number yet) and then we explored it, then we went to the back of the college that I've never seen before. I really liked it. It was the departments of Pathology and Forensic Medicine, I had never gone there because I don't study these subjects yet. At 10am, we went to the lecture hall, and at this point, my previous friends go off with their hostel mates, and I go with Sa and S. I only hang out with the former friends during batch classes, not in lecture classes where all the first years attend the same lecture. Since Sa and S had the sub stage today, they were studying throughout it, and  was focusing on the lectures. Today, I saw a much more caring side to S, I've been seeing it for a few days now. In the beginning, she was really cold, aloof, never asked more than we did, never answered more either. She kept to herself, and when I asked Sa, she said that it was probably because she was just getting adjusted to hostel life, and it would take her some time. I was not used to that, I was used to making friends and connecting with people immediately, so I just thought it best to leave her to her own. But recently she's been getting more sleep, eating properly, and beginning to learn studying techniques, so she's much friendly overall :) it's nice. She helped me through some issues today (will mention later) and I was surprised by the amount of support she gave me, I never would've expected it of her. Guess she's more than I thought she was.
After a 2 hour lecture of Physiology and Biochemistry, it was Dissection, but we wouldn't have it because of the Dissection Hall being completely occupied for the substage. So we went to the Anatomy Museum, where they had actual heads preserved in formalin, and...little babies too, that dies in childbirth. It was very sad to see, and I thought it highly disrespectful to take pictures of it, it just seemed wrong somehow.
So since we weren't having anatomy, I went to go check out the hostel in which so many of my friends live. It was truly great, much better than many other hostels I've seen. It had a swimming pool, gym, net cafe, tailor, cafeteria, mess halls, and 6 blocks filled with rooms. :) I enjoyed it thoroughly, went back to college, and then came back to hostel with Sa after her substage (she said it went great and so did S's, but S went to the bank) I realized that my college bus is normally parked in the hostel, so that made me really happy because that meant that I could walk to hostel with Sa and S every day, ad get picked up there :) So I had a small lunch at the mess, which was rice and a kebab, and then my bus was leaving, so I wet to say goodbye to Sarah, and I went home. It wasn't a studious day at all, but it was definitely fun filled and I enjoyed every minute.
The stressful things I was going through was basically about my sister being sick. She had food poisoning, and was vomiting out blood, and it scared the crap out of all of us, and when she went to the hospital yesterday, she gave a Liver Function Test, and the results were today, so I was really worried. Thankfully, Alhamdulillah, everything is clear, she does not have Hepatatis A (it was suggested) and the only thing is that she is anaemic and should take iron supplements. It's a major load off my chest, as I've been having the most horrible thoughts about her...dying...for the past two to three days. Everything is alright. :) That was what Sarah helped me through. She held my hand and rubbed my arm, and told me that everything was going to work out, and that I only had to believe in Allah and have faith.
So that was my day. I am extremely tired, and I still have my lenses on, so I'm gonna go take them off and nap peacefully. :) My substage is on Monday, so when I wake up, it'll be full study mode. Pray for me.

No comments: