I love Fridays.
Firstly, because it's a half day. It's the best feeling to know that you're going to get off at 12:30 instead of 2pm. Even though I have college on Saturday as well, Friday is sort of like my catch up day, where I can go online without worrying about anything, and sleep leisurely as well.
A little recap of the previous days: On Wednesday, I stayed sick, so that night I went to the doctor, and got an antibiotic course, so that I could get this sinus over with. Unfortunately, I couldn't see my regular doctor, so I got my prescription from some quack (read on, you'll know why I'm abusing him). He prescribed me a bucketload of medicines, and one cough syrup. I am not a pill popper, I'm not used to taking pills. Hell, I still break really long pills into half before swallowing them. And I take 4 gulps of water just to get a pill down. It's good that I'm not used to it, I prefer to take the natural way to get better: rest plenty of fluid, covering myself up properly. But this time, I NEEDED to get better, because my sub stage was this Saturday, and I needed to prepare for it!
The antibiotic course was a complete fail. The next morning (Thursday) after having about 3 tablets, I started to feel nauseous at home, but thought it was just a feeling and would go away. It did...for awhile. In the bus, I started to feel nauseous again, and when I reached college, I felt like I was going to vomit, literally. I went to the bathroom to calm myself down, and I literally spent 20 minutes trying to take the feeling away. I drank water, sat down, walked around, sat in front of the heater in our class. Nothing. Finally, I decided to go home, just as my first class was starting. I caught a rickshaw and went home. My mother was furious, she was yelling things like ''It took you so long to get into med school, and now you're doing holidays!'' She did have a point, I worked really hard to get here, but I was ill! And the way I looked at it, it was better to take off today rather than to be too sick to give the substage on Saturday. Right?
So I rested, woke up, had rice (my stomach was upset too...what is happening to me?) and then tried to study. I was very proud of myself, because even with a flu, I got the right amount of studying done. I felt very accomplished and happy last night :) And I got to talk to H too. The substage is tomorrow, and I only have back of thigh left to study, and then revision. InshAllah, it will all be done, and I will ace tomorrow's exam. Pray for me.
Some sad news. The night that I went to the doctor, I got a text from one of my closest friends in FSc, Maha, telling me that her mother has a heart attack. God, why does it always happen to the good guys? She is honestly one of the best aunties in the world. She's sweet, and caring, even for me, and she treats me like her daughter, which I love. I've been over her house so many times, it's like my own. I began to cry when I read the text, and I told my mom that even though it was really late (11pm) I was going to go over Maha's place after the doctor. She understood, and let me go. I went, and they were all huddled around the heater, crying and reading the Quran. I hugged Maha, and I told her everything was going to be okay. I prayed so hard to Allah, you have no idea. To save her. Apparently, she only went to the hospital because she had the flu. She fainted there, and had a heart attack, and she was on ventilators for breathing. I couldn't believe it, it all happened so suddenly. I hate that about life, it doesn't give you any warning about anything, about losing someone, about something happening. Sometimes, things just happen, and you're left with shock. I have been receiving updates on her, and Alhamdulillah, she is off the ventilator and breathing on her own, but she hasn't gained consciousness. Anyone who reads this blog, please remember her in your prayers. It would mean alot to me, and to Maha.
I didn't take my pills today, the one that the stupid doctor prescribed. I took one of my own, Motilium, to fight nausea just in case it came. I had a small breakfast (though Mom made a lot) and half a cup of coffee. The day went brilliantly :D I didn't feel sick at all! On the contrary, I started feeling better. I was so happy, and still am. I don't need medication, lol.
First class was Physiology practical, and it went well. Me and her got along, and she understood the same feelings I had for Haf, another girl in our class who's a little weird. :P She's creepy because she's trying to attach herself to somebody on purpose, and it's just weird. I like her, but as an acquaintance. Not as a close friend. Then, two lectures in the Lecture Hall, Biochemistry and Blood Physiology. My assumption was right, S was just in a bad mood that day. I don't know why her friendship is affecting me that badly, I can just as easily live without her. And to be very honest, I hate how I feel this way, like I want to talk to her and stuff. A new girl sat with us today, named A. She is going to be S's roommate, and she was nice. She came with S, and her and S doodled on pages all day long, lol. S was really friendly today, talking to me, laughing. I realized how much fun life really is with friends. The days I can't talk and laugh with my friends, I feel like it was a wasted day and a horrible one. I've been stuck in the anti social circle for so long because I took a gap year, that it is so fresh and amazing to have all these new people around me, and to talk to them, find out more about them. I am honestly enjoying life. Yes, I have those days too,where I don't want to go to college at all, but most of the time I do. And that's what counts. :)
Well, time to go take a nap,and the start the final prep for my substage. It's out of 50 marks, and I will jump for joy if I get past 27. Lol. Cheers everyone.
2 comments:
this is something i would do/say: "I am not a pill popper, I'm not used to taking pills. Hell, I still break really long pills into half before swallowing them. And I take 4 gulps of water just to get a pill down. It's good that I'm not used to it, I prefer to take the natural way to get better: rest plenty of fluid, covering myself up properly" <3
the thing u were saying abt sarah having different priorities n the maturity thing... im gonna have to side with the opposing team on this one... i feel like since youve been away socially isolated compared to average school-going girls thats y your view is different but u need to realize that she hasnt had that year off where she got to be away from so many ppl every single day, where she got to discover herself and realize who is is what what she wants in life not a lot of ppl have that opportunity n ive come to combine my opinion abt y ur so good at expressing urself, u were always good but u were never amazing at it till u had that time off n thats y ur sooo good at it now.
uve also gotta realize that she might have gone through times where she made amazing friends n cuz of circumstances she couldnt stay friends with them anymore n she jus wouldnt wanna go through the same thing. i dont know if id call it maturity either but i definitely wouldn't call it cold. its more of a defense mechanism than anything in my opinion...
wow, mehreen that actually makes alot of sense. i think a gap year did wonders for me, yeah it made me lose a whole year, but it was my choice, and I don't regret it at all. It gave me a lot of time to look around at the world and realize what I have and who I am and what I should do. That's probably why I'm so excited to be in med school, even if I get yelled at by teachers all day, the friends are amazing, and everything really is great.
Defense mechanism sounds just about it! You're getting better at expressing yourself Mehreen :) That's awesome! <3
Post a Comment