January 5, 2011

Friends are important.

Today was my second day at Uni. I swear, it is so damn hard to get out of bed every morning. I shake so hard I can barely walk. And then splashing water on my face..my God. Even I don't know how I do it. I guess I'll get used to it, but now I'm wishing that summer would come back. The winters are worse for me than summers, really. That's why I love spring and autumn.
My first class was Histology practical. All the batches have a different class from 8-10am, then from 10am onwards all the first years have the same classes, in a huge lecture hall. The practical was okay, I really couldn't pay attention because I didn't have breakfast in the morning, and we had to stand, and I was feeling nauseous. Then, I didn't buy my practical books yet,and I didn't want to because it would be too much weight to carry throughout the day, so I did practically nothing for about 2 hours. After that, we had a biochemistry lecture from 10-11am. It was in the huge lecture hall, and I made it a point in my head to try to talk to S as much as possible. As I sat and waited for her to come, and saw her, I called her name out, and she came to sit with me :) truth be told, I know exactly who I want as good friends of mine, going on throughout the next 5 years. But I can only choose, not force. S is one of those friends I want. I thought that she would warm up to me because I was an American and nobody else would understand her. But no, she's treating me like an acquaintance. Can't say I mind, really,she lives in hostel and so she made alot of hostel friends, and she's always being called to sit with other people. When we sat together, I didn't pay attention to the lecture at all, my mind was tuning in and out (which is so unlike me) because I was wondering about what to talk about with S. Lol. I sound like a total lesbian. We talked randomly, about general things, she gave me gum. Then, the girl next to her on the other side started talking to her too. I looked over, and when I talked to Sarah in English again, the other girl said ''You're from the United States too?'' I said ''Yeah, but I've lived here for 8 years.'' I found out her name was Sa, and she was from Bahrain, also by the same program S was from. At this point, I was totally imagining us three to be friends for the next 5 years. I know I sound like some person who can't be alone, but I really can't. The friends I have right now...I'm really not happy. They don't have the same mental wavelength as me, they won't understand my jokes, or my fast talking, or get along with me. These two girls will. So anyways, after Biochem was Anatomy, which is my favorite lecture. And after that, from noon to2pm, was going to be dissection. I thought, by the encouraging talks that me and Sa and S had throughout the two hours, that we'd all go together. But as class ended, Sarah said ''See ya!'' and went with her batch mates. Made sense. But me and Sa went to the canteen to eat something. We talked about our backgrounds, and the kind of friends we wanted, and we would've totally hit it off, if she already didn't have Bahrainian friends of her own. Hm. So now I have no idea what's going to happen. It's affected me deeper than I thought, actually. I thought I would focus on my studies, and friends would come later. But I realized today how much friends really matter to me.
I learned about the pelvis bone today, and later near the end of the class I was picked to give a demonstration of the pubis bone tomorrow. Unfortunately, the Governor of Punjab Salman Taseer was murdered this afternoon, at 5pm, by his own guard. :/ The political situation in Pakistan can never be stable, it never calms down. So now tomorrow is a holiday, and I just looked through my anatomy books to have an idea about the different parts and names of the sides of the pelvis. I still have to pay 300 rupees to get a bone bag from Dissection, complete Histology practicals, get my library card, and get more reference books. I also have to go to every department the day after tomorrow and copy down all important notices from the notice board. I've learned not to take a heavy bag, or any of the textbooks to college. It gives you mean shoulder pain. 
Well, I must go and sleep now. Tomorrow's a holiday, yay! (The reason isn't yay though).

1 comment:

DURGA DHUNGANA said...

Yah u have just started medical life btw where do u study and which college???? Am a medical student and just finished the finals.........if u do have any problem u can ask me....reading ur post the course is same as mine...