I got new contact lenses! I'm in love with them. For the sole reason that I can see the world better. Seriously. For 8 months now, I didn't have glasses or contacts. It was weird, squinting at everything, and seeing everything past 10 feet, blurry. I like having a clear world. More confidence :)
I can see clearly now, the rain is gonee.... (I always think of this song when I think of my lenses.)
I'll write a more structured post when I have time. Right now. I don't. I should be napping. I will go now. In a bit. Let me talk first.
Today's Biochem practical went awesomeawesome. Best of all, seriously. ANATOMY LEFT AND THEN I'M FREE! For four days. And then I'm going to go on a movie marathon crazy spree. I plan on watching ''Bol'' and ''Missed''. Any other suggestions?
I loved today. Honestly. Besides the Biochem practical, I had loads of fun with a fellow classmate. We talked about so many things, and found that we had so much more in common ground than I thought of before. And I love talking. And sharing my views AND listening to other people's opinions. But mostly talking. So it was fun. It made me get over the sadness of last night. No details there. I was just sad. But now I'm completely over it, and I'm happy :) Don't you just love people like that? That uplift your mood out of nowhere, and they don't even know it?
My sister's friend has this stupid dholki tomorrow. So much drama regarding that. This is like, her 8th dholki or something. In a row. She's saying dholki even though she really means 'dance practice.' And for some reason, I don't feel that comfortable dancing in Muharram. It feels wrong. And besides, I have to study.
I'm not eating roti salan nowadays. Just Knorr noodles and sandwiches. Exams does that to a person.
I want an outing with my friends as soon as possible. I need the possibility of blowing off money and having good food, good company, and good laughs. I like blowing off money. It's the only regret I can truly live with.
I found out something today. I'm one of those kinds of people that if I get something bad in life, I don't waste my time cursing my fate or ''kismat'' or ''naseeb'' or whatever it is. I learn to adapt around it and move on and work with it. Today, some people got certain experiments that they didn't know that well, and instead of focusing to remember as much as they could and make sure they could do a good enough job, they were basically getting depressed on purpose, saying bad stuff, making a fuss, and getting stuck in that bad moment on purpose. I don't know why they do that. But I don't. And I'm glad :) This way, you can make the bad things into the neutral things and make the good things seem huge :)
The bad part about being hyper is that if one day you just feel like being quiet, people think something's wrong.
I gotta go. I'm tired.
6 comments:
I remember when I first got contact lenses.
"Everything is so clear now."
Well, and I thought I looked far better. Haha.
Assalaamu 'alaykum <3
I wanted to let you know I left a comment on your previous post, so I hope you get a chance to read it.
Also, I hope you have a wonderful day! And I'm so happy to hear you have your contacts now mashaaAllah.
I've always wondered how it is to wear contact lense. It doesn't look pleasent w. putting it on :P
Hey good to know 1st year's over and you're enjoying 2nd year :) And yes sometime people do develop an obsession for remaining perpetually depressed and anxious.Perhaps that makes it easy for them to work harder to deliver better result next time. Work is the antidote for depression . Nobody takes an antidote without first being poisoned . So first they poison themselves with depression and then work like mules to overcome it. That's one theory I have of how depression and hardwork relate to eachother.
Enjoyed reading your light hearted posts. Gonna discover more of your blog.Following you too.
Cheers :)
I like your last paragraph. I don't blame things on fate or luck, I don't even believe in the aforementioned.
High five?
*high fives Furqan* yup.
Post a Comment