December 16, 2011

Like a Bird.

I honestly feel like one. Profs are officially over.

That deserved a larger font. 3 weeks felt like 3 months. Sleepless nights, mugs of tea (I don't even like tea!)  huge courses, panic attacks, texting the geniuses for answers. Always, always, always worried. Damn. I thought getting INTO medical school would be hard. Maybe I don't remember exactly how hard it was, but 1st year prof seemed a lot harder.

Now I want to stop talking about it. It's over! I'm so glad, and now I have three days off till second year. I have a million things to do, a million people to call, a million places to visit. I honestly can't wait to get started :D And I don't even mind that it's only a three day holiday. I want to get started with second year as soon as possible, and focus on it fully. I want to do so much better than the ''lost, wandering'' person I was in first year. In fact, everybody's like that in first year. Except the ones who have doctors as family members. I don't. So yeah.

The point of this post, is to ask a question that came into my mind while I was coming home today in the Daewoo (seriously, the Daewoo has become a place for inspiration).
I wanted to ask you all, what does freedom mean to you?

It's different for different people, for different genders. Women and men, teenagers and adults, freedom is a versatile word and meaning.  I was just thinking about what it meant to me, and I found myself curious to know other answers.

To me, freedom means:
-To own my own car.
- To earn my own money. Or atleast HAVE my own money. Through Daddy :)
-To finish up with exams.
-To not have any stress on my head.
- Doughnuts. Doughnuts feels like freedom. Don't ask why. I don't know. I love doughnuts.
- To chill in a cafe with friends, having cake and coffee.
-To be with H out somewhere, just enjoying each other's company.
-Walking while it's snowing.
-The New York City skyline, and the Brooklyn bridge, and the Statue of Liberty makes me feel like I'm free.
- To be in a place where I have the choice to smoke, drink, get high...and I don't do any of those things (I most likely won't. I'm honestly very straitlaced.) That is real freedom.
-To be understood.
- To pray regularly and maintain contact with religion.

See, freedom can mean so many things, not just physical freedom. I wanted to know what freedom means to you :)

3 comments:

Deviation said...

To have a lot of coke in stock.
To Get fat without eating.

Never happened with me..

Furree Katt said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
PROFS ARE OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

this is great. enjoy your 3 day holiday! 3

and trust me, being financially independent is the BEST example of freedom ever. yesterday i spent my own money in buying new shoes O.O and it felt AWESOME.

The Me. said...

To be able to, be yourself, in every way possible.