Winter is here!
I love/hate winter just like I love/hate every season. Except spring. Spring is unique in that it is awesome. Nothing bad about it.
Love about winter:
1.Getting warmer feels better than getting colder during summer.
2. You get to snuggle and hold your loved ones (I can already hear the single people snorting)
3.Hot chocolate!
4.Dry fruit. Injeer. Mmmm.
5. It only lasts for a short while here anyway.
6. Snow! In other places besides Lahore.
7. Fashion is sexier. Seriously. I find layering much more fashionable and stylish than shedding clothes off.
Hates:
1. Your hand freezes up and you can't even write.
2. When you can't sleep because your feet are too cold even with socks on. :/
3.You can get dengue, malaria, and heat stroke during the summer. And you get cold, cough, flu, pneumonia, chest infection, sinus, and just about every other type of virus in winter.
...Loves are more :)
It's Muharram, the first month of the Islamic year. My mom always says ''For Christians, their year begins with happiness and hope. And for Muslims, it begins with sadness.'' Whether you're a Sunni or a Shia, Imam Hussain's story is known worldwide, and believed by both sects. In a way, I really don't want to bring out a full scale political war on this blog, because it just isn't right. Islam is about unity.
I only write on my blog, what's on my mind. My posts are almost never scheduled, neither are they always word vomit, without caring (or pretending to not care) about what I'm writing. I'm not that sort of a blogger. When I decide to write a post, I think about it throughout, and only hit ''Enter'' when I feel it's okay enough. Sometimes my posts are personal, sometimes they're random, sometimes they're updated, and sometimes they go deeper, and I decide to reveal some things about my relationship and personal life.
I get a lot of crap for being in a relationship with a Shia. And being Sunni myself. Especially in this time of the month. In fact, a girl who came over my house the other day, an old friend who has just joined 1st year MBBS and needed my books, found out about me and H. She looked at me incredulously and said ''But...wait...are you two going to get married?!'' She was a Shia herself. She found it unthinkable. I get that a lot, actually. The people who have known us for awhile now have stopped badgering us about it, but I know they still think it. I know because I asked a friend, and she started going on a furious tirade about how we're of different sects, how the marriage will never work, how we won't even know who our kids will be, what will happen.
I'm not going to write in details about my thoughts. But I will give some points.
First of all, I won't go into detail, because that will only end up me being judged by all of you. ''Oh, look, H has changed her, oh, she's already half a Shia, oh look, she's defending herself.'' I have nothing to defend. I know what I think, and I know what is right.
Second, my relationship is mine. Right? So I'll know what to do. Everybody really needs to focus on their futures, their careers, and their families. As you grow older, notice something: You really will not have time to judge. When you have to wake up early every day, be in a hassle till the afternoon, work really hard for whatever you're doing, come home to a family that you have to take care of, idle talk simply doesn't matter. Half of you have reached that stage; half of you still are. But you'll see what I mean when you get there.
Third, I don't need to feel like I have to prove anything to anyone. I love where I am, I'm enjoying my relationship. That also doesn't mean that if it ends tomorrow, you were right and I was wrong. To put one point across, in all the disagreements we've ever had during the 3 years we've been together, we've mostly had them about time, trust, honesty, and all those other relationship matters. Religion was always on agreeable terms. And it's not that we're both ignorant of religion. On the contrary, we're both knowledgable enough. I just feel that if a problem with religion HAS to arise, it doesn't have to affect anybody. Why should it? It's totally my life. I don't share it with anyone, not even H. I make decisions for myself, and I don't like feeling like somebody else, who I don't even know that well or at all, has a say in what I do in my life. Of course, my parents play a huge part, and what they say influences me. But that's about it.
H is a Shia. There's his label. So now will he be treated like a creature, like somebody who's not human? I know people who have liked and respected H before they knew he was Shia. And when they knew, you could feel the tension in the air. Why? What happened? He's not going to hurt you.
If there's one thing I like about my medical college friends, it's the fact that they NEVER ask about my relationship. In fact, half of them are not even interested, which suits me more than fine. I don't want nor have to brag, I like having two or three separate lives. One with my college, one with my family, and one with H. Merging them together would be disaster, really.
That was a huge rant back there, I apologize. This month especially gets me all riled up, because it reminds me how people are always going to judge you, no matter what. Always. If you're good, nobody knows. If you've done something bad, nobody forgets.
Anyways, change of topic, shall we?
I found these really nice old boot-ish type shoes that I bought AGES ago. They're perfect for winter. I wore them to a Quran Khwaani today. I liked them...until my uncle told me I looked like a boy. I think I'll stick to wearing them with jeans now. Not chooridar pajamas. I sometimes pick comfort over fashion, and the result is disastrous. That made me realize that I have a lot of shoes, that are buried in the back of my closet. So, new mission: I'm going to go to my nearest shoe store and get loads of shoe boxes, and sort shoes out. I hope they don't make you pay for shoe boxes. This is Pakistan. Anything can happen. If they see a business out of it, they'll put a price on it.
Vivas and practicals are underway, till the 15th. Next one on the 9th, Biochem viva. I have plenty of time to study for it, thank God. Today was supposed to be a day to study, but I went to the Quran Khwaani. Was bored out of my mind. Played on my dad's Samsung Galaxy, which I envy but would not want because it's too big.
Besides that, each of my three lives seem to be going okay :) And I'm glad. That's all an adult can hope for, really.
I like Ovaltine. Not Milo. You?
10 comments:
Ovaltine all the way :D ... *hi5*..
about the whole shia suni thing. I agree. In the end its all about you and your personal take since its your relationship :)... Inshallah things will turn out fine.
Assalaamu 'alaykum,
Wafa, unity is based on truth not based on falsehood. Oil and water don't mix remember? :)
There are irreconcilable differences between shia and sunnis; and the foremost is the concept of tawheed or oneness in Allah. Shia commit shirk on a daily basis by placing Ali -may Allah be pleased with him- to the level of Allah. They worship at graves, they ask Ali, Hussain, Fatima, etc. may Allah be pleased with them to intercede for them, and this is just scratching the surface of their blatant shirk.
They curse two of the greatest companions of the Prophet -may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him- in their du'a sanamain, Abu Bakr As-Siddique and Umar, may Allah be pleased with them. If you ask them about these two noble companions who were the closest to the Prophet -may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him- they will say they are apostates, na'udhubillah! It's really disgusting. In fact, practically all the companions, may Allah be pleased with them, are considered apostates with the exception of a handful.
Are you really ready to live with knowing the man you love thinks, believes and commits such actions?
May Allah guide us all and help us differentiate between right and wrong.
my favorite blogger. :)
so i'm shia and i've seen inter sect marriages working out perfectly sometimes and going crap sometimes. i mean everyone has ups and downs but then, can we really guarantee that a marriage where both belong to the same sect are going to work?
look right now people are judging you and giving their unwanted opinions but in a week they wouldn't remember, YOU would. people are people, they're always going to talk. even WHEN (notice i say when and not if. :P ) your marriage with H works (inshaAllah) they're going to pass their biased judgments.
so, don't worry about them, people are crazy. :P
trust me, i get to hear SO MANY weird comments caz i refuse to celebrate anything in these 2 months, but then, people just don't get it. and theres only so much you can explain to them, caz they choose to live in ignorance. and we can't really help them there can we?
so its not a shia sunni matter here, its just a simple problem of ignorance and judgmental people.
milo is so full of water. i haven't had ovaltine though. have you tried Lacnor? i LOVE IT. :D
I just wanted to tell you that I love you :) hope your mum is doing well! xxx
Eddie: Thank you and yes Ovaltine is legend :)
Muslimah: First, I would like to say that the fact that you've mentioned my name means either you've been sticking around this blog enough for when I used to mention my name, or you know me personally.
Secondly, I thank you for giving your opinion. And mostly, you're right. Yes, they do curse the first two Caliphs. I've heard all sides of being a Sunni and a Shia. Like I said before, I don't want to mention more points than I already did in my post. It'll make me sound like I'm just deluding myself to be with him, and more impotantly, I'll be judged. The same reason that prompted me to write the post. So, I can't give you an explanation (even though I have one) but I thank you being concerned :)
Just another girl: Hey, I never knew you were Shia! :)You're absolutely right, intersect marriages sometimes work out and sometimes don't. Just like any other marriage. Intersect marriages are not unheard of, but they are fairly uncommon. I think in the end, it really does depend upn the two people involved, and you just cannot judge. Nobody can. That was the whole point of my post.
I'm a Sunni. And I was brought up to not celebrate anything in Muharram. So what does that make me? Lol. It just makes sense. Hazrat Imam Hussain's suffering ended on the 10th, but what about his family? It continued until the end. With his family, his followers. And then, after this month is Safar,a really...scary month.
TRY OVALTINE. YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON EVERYTHING. And I've never tried Lacnor, but now I will! I'm a hot chocolate freak :D
That Girl: I love you too! She's doing much better, remember her in your prayers! <3
No worries, I've been following your blog a long time now. From almost the beginning. I'm just a silent reader mainly, that's all :)
also, you don't need to give me any explanation, because there really is no justification. I know a lot about shias, and know them myself. Shias are unfortunately apostates from Islam and they have rejected the Ahlul bayt even though they claim to love them. They lie upon Hussein, Ali, and the family of the Prophet -may the peace and blessings of Allah be on him-, and curse all the companions except for a handful, when Allah has mentioned and exalted the companions in the Quran. Remember what Ali -may Allah be pleased with him- said,
"A group of people will love me to the extent that they will enter the hellfire because of me, and there will be another group of people who will hate me to the point that they will enter the hellfire because of their hatred towards me."
This is from Al-Kafi, the Shia hadith book.
There's sooo much disturbing stuff in their books though. It's disgusting how you could even go along with someone who believes in it. Take the following for example:
"It is a fundamental principle of faith that our (Shia) Imams have ranks higher than the ranks of angels & God’s prophets."
(Khomeini’s book, Hukuma Islamiya, page 52)
"By listening to the voice of a person, the Imams can tell if the person was destined to go to hell or to heaven; they would thus answer his questions accordingly" (Usool al Kafi, p.185)
Astaghfirullah, now human beings can judge whether someone goes to Heaven or Hell? When Allah tells us only He is capable of such?
How do the Shia imams reach such a status? Why do the shias pray to them? It's awful.
And if that isn't enough to turn off any believer, then what of the following?
"The Imams know when they will die, and they only die by their choice."(Al-Kafi vol. 1 p. 258)
Now the Imams can evade death? No one, not even the Prophets of Allah -may the peace blessings of Allah be upon them all- are able to evade death.
And here's one of the most vulgar and disgusting things I've read from the shia "hadith books"
"It was narrated that [Imam] Ja’far Ibn Muhammad said: The prophet Muhammad peace be upon him used to put his face between the breasts of [his daughter] Fatima before going to sleep."
(Bihar Al-Anwaar, volume 43, page 78)
If that doesn't make you shake with absolute rage then may Allah help you. They lied against our Prophet -peace be upon him-. If you don't believe me, all the page numbers and names of the books are listed. Ask H for them and take a look for yourself.
and here's a fatwa [religious verdict] by the grand ayatollah of Iran cursing Aisha -may Allah be pleased with her- http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3807/73mc5.jpg
So heartbreaking.
For the Shia to curse the companions is blasphemy, because Allah has honored them in the Qur'an, the Prophet has also done so in his Hadith:
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who said: “Do not revile my companions, for by the One in Whose hand is my soul, if one of you were to spend in charity gold equal to the size of Mount Uhud, he would not achieve the status of one of them, or even come halfway."
[Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3637; Muslim, 2541].
"And the first to embrace Islaam of the Muhâjirûn (those who migrated from Makkah to Al-Madinah) and the Ansaar (the citizens of Al-Madinah who helped and gave aid to the Muhâjirûn) and also those who followed them in Faith, Allaah is well-pleased with them as they are well-pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise) to dwell therein forever. That is the supreme success."
(Surah Al-Tawbah, ayah 100)
Finally let me remind you of the verses in the Quran in which Allah asks us not to take intercessors (something which the shia do by going to Hussein's grave and the grave of the Ahlul bayt and praying to them for forgiveness, happiness, etc.)
"Call upon those whom you imagine beside Allah! They have not an atom’s weight of power either in the heavens or in the earth, nor have they any share in either, nor does He need any of them as a helper."
(Quran, Suratul 34:22)
"And who is more astray than one who calls (invokes) besides Allah, such as will not answer him till the Day of Resurrection, and who are (even) unaware of their calls (invocations) to them?"
(Quran, Al-Ahqaf 46:5)
"And do not call upon anyone besides Allaah."
(Quran Suratul 72:18)
Those are only a few verses that remind us not to call on anyone besides Allah. The whole Quran is filled with them.
Just like a person can't unite with someone who curses his or her parents, Sunnis can and will never unite with shias. This will be the case until the end of times. Oh and just wanted to correct you and let you know there's no harm in celebrating anything as a Sunni in Muharram. We can celebrate weddings, events, etc. If we were to mourn the death of all of the Companions and Ahlul Bayt then we would be doing so the entire year, but this wasn't in the Sunnah or the practice of any of the noble predecessors so we don't follow such superstitions as Sunnis. Hope that made sense!
May Allah protect us from the lies, slander and falsehood of the Shia.
My dear sister, my job is simply to inform you of the truth. At the end what you want to follow is up to you. :)
Please don't be a silent reader, I really do get intrigued by your comments. Thank you so much for these answers. I will do some research for myself, and look up these references and reach a conclusion. It just goes to show that even though I was ranting about how people don't understand because they don't know about Shias, I didn't think that a person would comment knowing so much. Thank you, once again, and let me tell you, you have certainly given me something to think and talk about :)
Your most welcome & I'll def comment more often. You write very well. Also I'm glad I could shed some light on the subject. So many people are defensive about Shi'ism yet they fail to actually study it in depth or learn about the twisted beliefs Shiatsu hold, the most dangerous of all being shirk which is unforgivable. Before I educated myself & learned about their ways through actual Shias, I was the same, calling for Shia-Sunni unity. Astaghfirullah, now that I've learned so much I know that it will never be possible.
May Allah guide us all. You have a good head on your shoulders. I'm sure you'll reach the right conclusion. :)
Oops I meant to write Shias, not Shiatsu lol.
Post a Comment