The wedding is on, in full swing. Today was the mehendi, and the night before tonight, I went over to the bride's house, to stay over. I won't say it was fun, because it wasn't. Lol. It was just okay. I had mangoes, but they made my tummy upset. :(
There's just something about weddings, right? A new bride and groom, starting their life...I bet half the people that attend the wedding either dream up their own wedding (if unmarried) or remember their own wedding. It's just that kind of a thing. The mehendi was okay. I wore a turquoise and pink shalwar kameez, and I put my hair in a ''paranda.''
It's these long colorful...I don't knw what you call it. Threads, I think? Anyway, you wrap them around the bottom of your hair, to give it that Punjabi desi touch. I think it's awesome.
Unfortunately, ''parandas'' don't agree with me. :( The reason is because I have a small face, so everytime I wrap my hair into that, it just makes my face more prominent. Which is not good. Lol. My face is round and tiny. Not suited to parandas. So no matter how much I love their look and traditional feel, sadly, I'll never wear parandas again. On other people, they look fantastic. But when I see myself wearing one, I hate how I look. I love my hair flowing around, and straightened, or curled, or styled in some way.
I guess 'desi-ness just doesn't like me. Oh well.
I don't like my layout anymore. It's too grey. And even though I've learned enough HTML to alter things, I don't know how to alter a lot of other things too. Like colors, and designs. I can see it written ''arial'' and stuff in there, but I don't know what it's for.
I'm too lazy to find out anyway. Lol. So, I'll be looking for a new layout, soon.
I begin studying from July 25th,all the way till September 4th. And then September 5th is the first Anatomy send up.
Just saying it makes my heart stop. I'm terrified of a stupid send up, look at me. Haha. It's okay though, I've made a schedule. Which was the easy part. Now I have to follow through. I hope I do. I don't miss my books at all, I love being so free and able to do whatever I want. True, it gets boring at times, but it feels nice, not having any responsibilities.
I want to go back to studying when I want to,because only I know exactly when I'm feeling good enough to go back to it. Lol. I don't like to be pressured to do anything. Exams=pressure.
I better get some sleep, tomorrow's the wedding, and there's so much to be done. Even for a person who's just attending, like me. Lol. And I need some things to keep me busy and my mind to be kept off other things.

8 comments:
Your post title reminded of that song and now it's stuck in my head :P
Oh I know those braid/fake hair things. As a kid I never understood what they were. :S. I've never tried them though. THey look pretty funky :D x
Desiness doesn't like you. LOL :P
Made me smile.
I remember there used to be a drama called Paranda, that my mum used to watch.
Take care!
:)
paranda ... wow it is a beautiful traditional stuff :) i really like it and usually it looks really great on people :)...too bad you are not happy with how it looks on u ..... i guess some people just dont do well with traditional stuff no matter how much they like it....
I finally know what those things are called! They look so awesome :D
i love perandas! :D never got a chance to wear them though, since i wear a hijab.
i loved your old template, it was really different. but this one's really pretty too. :D good luck with your schedule and exams! :)
and there's something for you on my blog! :)
I've never worn a paranda. Or a saari. I'm one sad little desi.
Following. :)
I LUURRRVEE PERANDAS! Wearing them on occasions like mehandi and stuff.. lovelove.
I love how the word Paranda is pronounced.
Cool blog, feel in love with it and I am stalking you from now ON.
Cheers.
PS:- Cheers stands for Beware!
Post a Comment