July 7, 2011

Frenzy.

Okay, so my cousin's wedding is coming up.

15th,16th,17th.

And me and my sister are performing on 2 medleys, which is about 8 cut-up songs.

The choreography is just crazy. Lol.
When I was a kid, if I ever found a catchy song, I would drag my sister (let's call her K, she's only one year younger than me and one of my best friends) off of the couch and practice different dances, and then basically choreograph everything, even saying ''1,2,3,4..''
for absolutely no reason at all. Lol. We didn't practice for any competition, or anything. Just to beat the boredom, and make our lives fun. As far as I can remember, we made whole dance routines on the songs ''Come on Over'' by Christina Aguilera and ''You Cannot Run'' from the Scooby Doo movie. I am awesome at modern dance.

Traditional dance, not so much.

I am so awkward at dancing now. I feel like my body is too huge (because I'm bony, not because I'm fat) and I'm going to end up hitting someone. But it actually became fun today. We were at it for about 2 hours, I needed extra help because I couldn't understand how many spins there were. Lol. I'm a very on-beat person, I needed each dance step to be in sync with the music, whether I was in sync with my sister or not. Lol.
I think I'm going to have fun with this. It'll fill up my vacation days, so that's good :) Because honestly, there is like absolutely NOTHING going on. I'm so bored, I actually woke up at 4pm, because I didn't have anything to do.

The wedding is going to be awesome. I love weddings, mostly because they give me a chance to give myself a makeover. At every wedding we've attended in the last 3 years, I've gotten a haircut for it.
I've always had long hair growing up. There was a period when I had short hair, but I was too young to remember. When I was 13, we moved to Pakistan, and everyone admired my hair. But I hated it. I was thin, so I looked really weird, like all my hair weighed me down. So when I was 14, after literally BEGGING my mother, I got a haircut, about halfway arm's length. My mom actually cried. Haha :P
After that, it's been a series of haircuts. After some experiments, I found out that my best haircut was ''layers''. I kept on getting that again and again.
But now I need another change. And this time, since I'm in medical and all and I ALWAYS play the safe side, I'm going to go a little wild.

I'm planning on getting a bob.

That's right! :D




That's mega short. I've never had it that short. I'm secretly terrified, but at the same time, super excited. My mom is horrified. She said she'll never let me get that.
I'm 21. Of course I can get it. And I will. I'm dying to!
I'm lost about the front though. Some people say get a fringe with it, others say get bangs (like Katie Holmes in the picture above) and yet again, some say don't get anything done, leave it for a middle parting. I personally like the bangs and the middle parting. But I'm open to opinions. :) Do comment and tell me what you think!

Okay. I'm hungry. I'm going to have Maggi noodles..or something. Lol. I think dance practice every day is going to suck the life out of me.

3 comments:

Eddie said...

I think you should go for it. Its your hair and how you want them to be is totally your choice to make. waisay bhi they always grow back ....I love dances on the weddings... i usually do the traditional ones.... but wedding preps are usually fun....
waisay bhi Libras have good aesthetic sense.... they are always good at dresses and attire and all... anyways have a good time practicing :) ..best of luck.

Furree Katt said...

yay for weddings and dancing :D i don't (and can't) dance, but i love watching people getting their groove on in mehndis. dances at weddings are totally awesome.
i used to have waist-length hair when i was 14 and got seriously tired of it and on a whim i went to the parlor and got my hair cut like a boy's. GOOD TIMES ♥ i absolutely loved it.
i think a bob will look awesome on you. go for it!

lil-bee said...

I LOVE desi weddings! Specially the ones back home .. so colourful, glamorous and fulla drama :D and the food OMG! Yeah I'm a fattie :P

But I haven't been to the hairdressers for a proper snip in almost 3 years. I've had trimming trips like 2 - 3 times but just usually trim it myself.

This is because I have REALLY long hair (alhamdullilah) and the last time I went to the hair dresser for some conditioning treatment, I told her to only trim a max of 2 inches and she cut off like 10 inches. I cried. And when my mum (and everyone who knew me) found out, her face was like -> :O :O WTF?! followed by a slap across the head.

Sad times.

Also, I love Maggi noodles :D the ones you get in Bangladesh / India / Pakistan! I got some from Malaysia here in London and they sucked arse :(

Woah, sorry for the essay comment!