January 31, 2012

Promises to Myself. And the will to keep them.

It's one of those days where I'm not really sure what to blog about, and I don't even remember why I have a blog. I think it's because life is being very jumbled up, nothing is falling into a proper sequence. And even though a lot of things are happening every single day, I find it difficult to compile it all and then write about it.

But I'll try.
Because I'm NOT a random blogger (though I do love reading random blog posts).

I'm actually making a conscious effort to not backbite anymore. I was starting to realize how common it's actually become. Nobody stops anybody from doing it, and it's so easy to just classify somebody on the basis of their dress, color, actions, etc. It's become a really bad habit for everybody, myself included. So, I've decided to actually stop. To monitor myself every day and bite my tongue if I'm about to say something bad about somebody.
Another thing: I gossip a lot. But not for attention, as you might be thinking. I gossip to fill the silence between the person (or people) I'm talking to. Because silences actually scare me. So I also want to stop gossiping, and backbiting. It'll make me a better person for myself, I don't need to do this for anyone else.
This decision occurred because one day, when I said something really bad about a classmate, it actually HIT me. I'm badmouthing them. The person I'm saying it to is going to judge said classmate without even getting to know her. How could I do that? And then there's the whole thing in Islam where if you backbite about another, Allah won't forgive you unless the concerned person does, and until then your good deeds go into their account, and when that finishes, their sins go into yours (Frankly, I don't know if that's true or not [anyone find out for me?] but it's definitely a hell of a way for a person to stop backbiting).

Anyway. A friend reprimanded me on it. And so it stayed in my head the entire day, and drove me to the point where I finally asked that person to forgive me because I said something bad about her. She did, openheartedly, and I was so relieved. So, backbiting is a big no-no now. And gossiping too.

Brother brought back anti-nail biting nailpolish from the States which tastes extremely bitter, and worse, the taste doesn't leave your mouth if you try to bite your nails. I've applied it, because I am getting SO SICK of biting my nails all the time and literally hurting myself. It's not that I want pretty nails; I just don't want this habit anymore. So, another decision; I'm gong to stop biting my nails no matter how long, or what it takes.

See, who said you needed a New Year Day to set resolutions? I can set whatever I damn well want, whenever I want. :)

College is going pretty fun. Me and my sister cleaned our closet out a few days ago, and seperated our clothes according to ''what is wear-able to Uni'' and ''home clothes.'' It has made life a hell of a lot easier, getting up in the morning isn't filled with the annoying dead of having to search through an avalanche of clothes. Plus, I'm matching a lot of things that I'm wearing. I wore all blue today. I think I looked like a blueberry :)

Tests are coming and going at their own usual pace. I just had a Physiology test today, which went alright. Eye and Gastrointestinal System. And substages are the usual, so studying has become routine now. But I'm definitely taking today and tomorrow off from studying. I'll just chill, eat chicken nuggets, blog, and upload photos on Facebook.

I went to Gloria Jean's today with a few friends. Friends that I've been longing to meet up with for so long, and I was pleasantly surprised when they randomly asked me to come with them. Had a peanut butter cup. And some chocolate mousse. And talked and talked, and looked at some books, and talked some more. Coffee shops are way too awesome. If I had one near my house, I would be there every day. And I'd blog from there. Coffee shops are not cliche: they are extraordinary.

Now, I'm very tired, and I still have to complete my Biochem practical. Planned on doing some Histology today too, but I think I'm going to hit the hay once my mom comes home.
There are things with H, which I will get to later because I'm too tired to think anymore. Didn't have an afternoon nap, see. But I really do want an ''H related'' rant one day.

Tiredtiredtired.Goingnowkthnksbye.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Coffee shops are indeed extraordinary! :)

Hakuna Matata said...

I can relate to your sentence : I gossip a lot. But not for attention, as you might be thinking. I gossip to fill the silence between the person (or people) I'm talking to.

Sometimes anything that helps you CONNECT to people around you seems acceptable. We have a need to socialize. When nothing else works , back-biting comes in handy , though sadly so . :(

www.wowelldone.blogspot.com