I should be studying
Usually, most of the time, we should be doing something else, and we're actually doing something more destructive/waste of time/less important.
This is one of those things. But I'm okay with it. For years, I spend thinking of ways to calm myself down and not let exams or the pressure of things get to me. People say take chamomile tea, take a walk, sleep for a little bit. In the end, advice, is only advice, right? Applicable on your own terms. If you want, it can affect you. And if you don't, you can just as easily dismiss it from your mind. You can implement what people tell you to, and if it doesn't work, you can either feel hopeless, or keep on looking.
I'm a controlling person by nature. And not necessarily controlling OTHER people; I control myself, regarding everything. And if something doesn't go as I planned it, I feel as if I've failed. I wouldn't call it a disorder or anything, but it's definitely been a big part of my life and who I am and what I do. Main thing: I start panicking if my preparation for an exam isn't up to the mark.
But right before the Physiology send up, I didn't take the days seriously. On purpose. I just "let go". And saying it and writing it sounds so easy, but look: it took me years to do it.
Naturally, minutes before the paper I was hyperventilating, but it went alright, and I will pass. I really just took a step in realizing what REALLY is important and what isn't. And that in the end, I'm human. I'm not something that has to be controlled, or should be controlled at all hours of the day. This is a place filled with people who make mistakes every day. And plans almost never go according to plan Why worry?
Life lesson right there, basically.
New phone. Asha 306. I like it, got everything I need. I would like a capacitive touch, but I'm not complaining.
And now, I can feel my head nodding off even though I'm supposed to get some semblance of Protein metabolism done for Biochemistry. Life lesson not applicable anymore.
2 comments:
I am sure this controlling attitude of yours is very fruitful.
Also, Asha 306 is pretty classy.
sometimes we just have to go with the flow and feel the wave... but being in control is what it is all about i guess. and i absolutely agree, advice is just an advice. :)
http://ricochetsandblahblahs.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment