February 4, 2012

Turning the pages.

The International Book Fair at Expo was awesome. I wanted so many people to come with me, friends and cousins...H too. Though he doesn't like books, but I thought we could find him something. Lol. Nobody could make it, so it was me and the siblings. I was shamelessly excited. I love books, all kinds. I know I've mentioned that before, but it needs to be mentioned again.




I have a few rules though. 
I never buy books that are made into a motion picture. I saw ''The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo'' by Steig Larsson, but I'd rather download the movie and watch it. The only books worth reading that are later made into movies are series. I think. Like HP and LOTR.
Also, I really dislike chick flick/romantic books. The ones that are purely romantic. I've never bought, nor will buy Nicholas Sparks's books, nor do I read a lot of Danielle Steel. I'm very vast on genre, and I like to read books from every one. But pure romantic is a little...corny to me.
Third, I dislike self help books. They scream ''We're lying to you and robbing you at the same time!'' to me.
Fourth, Islamic books are amazing to me. Muhammad by Karen Armstrong, I still have to read. And I bought an Islamic book today too, something simplistic. Whether it's about Islamic rules, or history, I love.
Yup, those are the rules that are occurring to me at the moment.

So, these were the books I bought.



I am so excited to read them all, especially Catch 22, since that's been on my booklist. Also, I wanted to buy Mohsin Hamid's Mothsmoke, but I already spent so much money, so I felt bad for Daddy. The Book Fair is till the 7th of February, if anyone living in Lahore wants to go. There are massive discounts, especially in Liberty Books stall. :)

A full weekend, and it feels so great. Even better, the welcome party has been shifted to Tuesday, so I have more time to plan it out. I'm glad, because the suit I'm going to wear isn't even here yet. It's still at the tailors. Stupid tailor. Why do they always say they'll make it before the week is done, and they end up giving it to you two weeks later?
Last night, I curled up with a cup of coffee, a heater, and my TV. And watched Scent of a Woman on Star Movies. I didn't get to watch the whole thing, because my electricity went out from midnight to 1, but I saw a good chunk of it. It was really good, and I'm starting to get into a ''movie buff'' role. I'm going to ask my brother to start loads of movies on my download right now. All Al Pacino ones. He's awesome. I want to meet him.
Besides all this, I still have to remember that I DO HAVE TESTS COMING UP. Great. Substage is on the 9th. Schedule-making time. -.-


When you have new books to read, winter, coffee,movies to watch, and places to go with friends, who wants to remember academics? I now know why people feel this way. This feels exhilirating. Like you think life has finally reached its peak, and then you find out: you can do more, see more, and be more.

1 comment:

Hakuna Matata said...

Wow I can feel the bubbly excitement bursting froth from your post !
I like self-help, but only classy ones :)
And I bought Muahammad SAW by Karen last year from expo. Still haven't read it. I feel internet is the main culprit for shooing off my reading habits. I'm determined ot read more books this year though :)

Good luck for speedy and enjoyable reads ! :)

www.wowelldone.blogspot.com