June 26, 2011

Vacation from myself.

YESTERDAY WAS AWESOME.

For the most part.
So, yesterday was S's birthday. It was also a Physiology test, which I had prepared nothing for. And I literally mean nothing. Like, I didn't even open Guyton and Hall.
I didn't even know the chapter's names. I swear.
I didn't even know how many chapters they were.
I was, in every way, clueless.

So I didn't give the test. Hey, I've topped before, and passed a lot of tests, so I can afford to skip one...
or a few.

I'm planning on not giving the Tuesday Biochem test either. Because after this blog post  already have many things planned to do. Like, shower. And then go with my sister to the tailor's. And today is also my little sister's birthday so we'll probably all go out to eat today.
And I really am not feeling well. I haven't since last night. So yay! I might not give the test :P In this case, however, I do know what the chapters are, and I have opened the book. So for me, that's like a quarter of the thing done. Right?

So, I got to college at around 10:30am that day, after the first class and the test. It actually felt like I went to University, because Uni timings always vary according to the person's classes and courses. Whereas here, in med school, it's still the same old school structure: 7:30am to 1:30pm. So I got there, and I met up with Sarah first thing, she was walking towards me in the lobby of our college, and I gave her a huge birthday hug. She told me she didn't feel like it was her birthday, and secretly I was thinking ''well, I hope it does before the day is over.'' Everyone just got out after giving their Physio test,and so me and S went to the lecture theatre to attend one class, Biochemistry. That was honestly the longest lecture of my life. One hour=60 minutes=felt like 3 hours. Maybe because there was so much waiting for me after that lecture. Lol.

S's surprise party! Me and R decided on an ice cream cake, since it was summer, and cakes were going to be heavy to eat. We were basically dragging S around everywhere since we couldn't find the twins (they had the cake).

By the way, did I mention how HOT Lahore is nowadays?! It is insane. Absolutely crazy. I left my house with perfectly straightened, whip-around-able hair, and the humidity raped it. I got to college with the most frizz ever. I hated it. I had to straighten it again in the hostel. But I'm fast forwarding, let me go back to where we were.

Oh, right the cake. We finally took S to one of the demo rooms for dissection, and we brought the cake. It was coffee ice cream cake. It was honestly amazing, I loved it. I would've eaten more had we not planned to go somewhere else after this. S...loved it more than we expected. She was extremely happy and kept on asking who the credit should go to for bringing the cake. Later on, in CTC, we found out why.

Then, H came and picked me up from hostel. All my friends came to see him at the front gate. We went in his white car, first to the Ufone centre to get ownership changed, and then to McDonald's to just sit and talk. We ordered McNuggets and Coke, and a chocolate milkshake for him. It was...pleasant.  The heat killed a lot of things, in the sense that both me and him were sweating like mad, his car did not have an air conditioner, it was like an oven in there, I swear. :/ But once we got to McDonald's, he was like ''Let's first go to the bathrooms, and freshen up.'' Haha, I swear, if there's one thing I can say off the top of my mind, that I like about him, it's the fact that he is a bit metro. He loves cleanliness, and hates sweating and dirty things, and showers all the time. None of that ''I'm a man,this is a man smell'' sort of thing. Haha.
Anyways, we sat down and talked. It was a blessing to be in the air conditioning. And we talked about his work and his dad, and about my MBBS. It got me wondering about lots of things. We plan on getting married. But...we both are going to have extremely hectic jobs. I'll be a doctor, working long hours, sometimes into the night. And he'll probably be too. When I asked how we'll make a marriage work, he said ''well, atleast we'll sleep together, at night.'' I'm sure he was just trying to make the situation pleasant, but I was honestly, thoroughly confused. And starting to get sadder by the minute.

I'll put this in the next blog post, let me focus on the good part of yesterday, and the reason for the caption of this post. :)
His father called him, unexpectedly, and so our meeting was cut short. He dropped me back off to the hostel, where I got ready for the plan out with my friends. I didn't plan on putting on any make up, only thought of straightening my hair again, but I saw everybody else decking themselves out, so I decided to go a little crazy too. Lol. We all piled in the twin's car. 

Now the best part:
They had a driver.

:O

Sweet!

Now we could go anywhere we wanted without feeling guilty! At first we thought that the twins' dad was coming with them, that would limit a lot of things, and also mean that we could only go to one place. Because we wouldn't want to make Uncle feel like he was a driver. But now we really had a driver! :D This was getting good.

We went to Hardee's MM Alam first. There were 8 of us, us 7 plus Z's sister who came from Bahrain. They all ordered Super Stars, while I ordered Famous Star and Z ordered a Mushroom and Swiss. Let me just tell you, it was fantastic. I love my meat, mutton or beef, in burger form. And if anyone ever goes to Hardee's, it's famous only for it's charbroiled, so definitely try that. You can get chicken burgers from McD's and KFC, they taste the same everywhere don't waste your money at Hardee's on plain, old, ordinary chicken.


We enjoyed a good hour over there, talking, laughing. 
Taking loads of pictures in their nicely lit bathroom.
Lol.
I hate the teenage craze of taking pictures in bathrooms, but I'll go along with it.  :P

After that, we went to Xinhua Mall, to do some shopping. 
Actually, more like window shopping. I'm not afraid to confess to the fact that I am as broke as hell, and the stuff on MM Alam in Lahore is DAMN expensive. It is so expensive that even if I wasn't broke, I still wouldn't buy anything. Everything is so overpriced. :S when you're with friends though, window shopping is a must. It's cool. It's fun. I liked it :D


We tried things out, made fun of other things. If you're a girl, DO NOT go to Fifth Avenue. They have very...excuse my language...slutty stuff. :/ Very short and nothing that could even be said as ''wearable''. I left that store after five minutes. I loved Crossroads, and Yellow, and Outfitters. 

After that, we went to the most awaited part: dessert. S was paying :D Don't you just love it when a friend is paying for something? We went to Coffee Tea and Company, opposite the mall, and had Cake Alaska. Though I will always prefer the traditional, authentic, classic Cake Alaska from Copper Kettle, I have to admit, theirs was pretty impressive. It looked like a huge slice of chocolate cake, with vanilla inside it. Which was actually the ice cream. We bought two, because we were already so stuffed with Hardee's, and we knew that two would be enough for 8 people. We were right. We just barely finished both of them, and the one that I was sharing still had a little bit left in it. I wish I could have that now, lol.



It was 8pm by this time :S and I told my mom that I would be home by 7. I was so confused about how I was going to get home. Thankfully, A was there to save the day. Her cousin, who lives in Model Town, was coming to pick her up. Since Johar Town is the next town over, I asked (read: begged, pleaded in every way) her to ask her cousin if he would drop me off. He said yes! Yay. :D It was fun to ride back home with her. I heard this awesome song in the car.


It was very dancey, and very nice, and I downloaded it once I got home. I believe in the all-too-known saying of ''I listen to whatever I feel like''. Because if I was sitting at home and I heard Mr. Saxobeat, I probably wouldn't have liked it so much. I heard it with a good friend, in an air conditioned car, after an absolutely awesome day out with my friends. So the song was purely amazing to me. :) Give it a listen, when you're in a party mood. It's a dance track.

Yesterday was honestly a vacation from myself. I've been surrounded by so many bad things in recent days, the robbery, the financial problems, my parents, MBBS. I needed this day off. I needed to go out and forget who I am, forget what I was living for, and just let go. And I did. I laughed, and we talked about random things, and I ate everything I wanted to. And came back home tired and had a great sleep. I felt so weak when I woke in the afternoon today, but remembering the day before made me happy.

:)

That was my inland vacation. Lol. I didn't leave the country, but it sure felt like I did.



2 comments:

Nas said...

You bunked the test. Tut tut. Though to be honest, I cannot really talk in that regards 8-)

It's always really nice to forget everything and enjoy the small but splendid things that life has to offer. Sounds like you had a great day!

It was a lot hotter than usual here as well yesterday. And all the goray people were running around naked. 8-).

Furree Katt said...

HARDEEEEEEEEEEEEES ♥
i'm glad you had fun :D