September 8, 2017

I like the cold, but I'm also always cold.

I used to think that it was only Lahori winters that I loved; it isn't. I just love fall and winters in general. An American fall begins, and I swear there is a smell in the air, and that smell is not present in the summer. Fall is my favorite season.

I love my phone and all, and I love technology, and I finally have an iPhone (For those of you who can tolerate going back hundreds of posts, I've always been a bit of a follower and a basic B at heart, and I've wanted an iPhone) but it still can't replace the clacking of the keys with purpose like a laptop can. Which is why I don't keep up with blogging if I'm not usually opening up my laptop. And I haven't opened it up in a while.

I work part time. I study part time. I'm making an effort to go to the gym. I'm trying to be the best version of myself I can be. It's hard. Nobody tells you that to be the best version, you have to cut out your splurges and luxuries and excess, and stop being lazy and try to make every minute of your day productive.
I say this alot: "Nobody tells you". It's like the world is my enemy, and I'm always fighting back saying "See?! You didn't tell me this would happen!" Which is pointless because there are oh so many things you are going to learn on your own man. And you can't turn back and blame someone/ the world for not telling you.

I have discovered new facets of myself that I love and also new facets of myself that I detest. I'm working on the one I hate, to turn it into something more bearable.

H posted on Instagram today. It's a habit I can't seem to break, though the good news is that I don't have any attachment behind the habit, I just do it mindlessly. It was a picture on a highway with a setting sun and the caption wrote "A shooting sun and a getaway." (Shooting sun? Really? Your wit is gone, my friend. The very same wit I fell in love with 9 years ago.) He's back in Pakistan. I didn't even feel his presence here in the States. He stuck to his word, he didn't contact me. Both feeling good and feeling solemn about that. A little pathetic to admit, but what the hell.

I have milestones to cross, and the first one is coming up in a few days. September 10, our anniversary AND the day we ended things. It's going to be one whole year. Fantastic. Then December 12, the last time I heard his voice on the phone. Then January 31, the last time we ever had an interaction. Three milestones, a weaning off, a dying of a relationship. I sometimes marvel at how I spent eight years of my time and energy on something that was going to end. But that's too negative. I have to stop thinking like that.

I'll hopefully keep writing in here more. You all don't know about new H yet. 


No comments: