"Maybe it's all for the best
But I just don't see any good in this
Maybe we'll find something better
But the lovers who leave us will always hold a place."
-Between You and I
Every Avenue
I'm finding myself beginning to write song lyrics all over again. It's been years. Because there haven't been any meaningful songs in awhile. But now there are.
It's not necessary for a song to have to pertain to you, to relate to you. Maybe something happened so long ago, that you barely think about it anymore. Him, anymore. But songs like these bring it up again. And instead of tears and wet cheeks (probably what the song intended) you have shivers down your spine and memories in your head. And it's the happy nostalgia, not any type of missing or ache or agony. Just a nice, happy, look-back. A part of your past.
2 comments:
totally get what you mean. love music and well-written lyrics <3
I posted something similar just yesterday :O
Post a Comment