To know a person is not just their personality and their likes and dislikes. You can't judge your basic analysis solely on that.
To know me, you have to hear the punjabi-like voice for when I'm talking to the help. The tart speech for when I'm bargaining in a bazaar. The relaxed, easy flowing tone with my friends. And the crisp vocabulary with elders and superiors.
You need to see me laugh, cry, swear, scream, sneeze and stay quiet and speechless.
To know me, you need to see me in day old pajamas, in a doctor's coat, in a casual get together, and at a wedding.
To know me, you have to not just know my likes and dislikes, but the reasons behind each one and why.
To know me, you have to see my hair curled, straightened, blow dried, let down, in a ponytail, and in a bun. Because I look like a different person each time.
To know me, you must know what I can tolerate and how high my threshold is, for anything.
To know me, you have to see my smile, me bitten-to-the core fingernails, the two slight faded moles on one cheek, and the obvious birthmark.
To know, you need to see how I fish through my purse for my wallet, how my gait is exactly, how I move my hands when I talk, and when do I move it the most.
You need to know what makes me panic, what makes me calm, what upsets and delights me.
You need to know my habits, my OCD's, they way I stare off into space at times, and how I can't always look someone directly in the eye as they're speaking to me.
To know someone, to claim to, you need to know everything.
2 comments:
Awesome post!
Love.
inthepourinrain.blogspot.in
WOW! This was beautiful!
Post a Comment