May 1, 2012

Worshipping the weather as my eyelids get heavier.

I've been staying in Old Lahore for a few days now, and will be back home tomorrow. I come here almost every day anyway, for university, but I remain within classes, never enough time to go out and explore. I'm here, and I find this place mesmerizing. It's been ruined by the traffic, and a little spruced up by the new blue signboards denoting where the Canal is, or different streets are (tarakki Pakistan! Thank you.). But strip all of that away, and Old Lahore is brilliant.
I want to buy kolapuri shoes from Anarkali.
Beautiful affordable prints from Shadmaan.
Eat pathooray from Food Street.
Walk alongside the fountains of Shalimar Gardens.
Gol gappay from Mall Road.
Remember death by looking at Miani Sahib.
The huge, towering Chuburji Chowk.
Watch a sunset from the centre of the courtyard of Baadshahi Mosque.

History is incredible here. Add this gorgeous weather, and there's a heart filled with desire.

No comments: