July 19, 2013

Everything is an illusion.

It's Sehri time. Life feels so normal this way now, staying up till 3am. But when I see that dark blue sky after an hour or two, then that's my cue to hit the hay. And wake up with a sleep headache.
Enjoying light comedy nowadays. 30 Rock. I don't have anything to fall back on after this. Maybe that's for the better.
I had a friend, back in school. O Levels. Let's call her Z. She was my best friend, really close. And just because of our age, immaturity, and her ego, we had a massive fight in front of the whole class, and never spoke to each other again. At a reunion last year, I hoped that we silently buried the hatchet in our heads and would act like decent civil human beings. I was certainly ready to. And when I came close to meeting her, she got up and walked towards the bathroom. I realized then that it wasn't because of our age that we fought some 7 years back. She is, was, and will still be, immature. Though I do miss her.
School was a kaleidoscope of everything. I was definitely that "OMG! He's sooo cuuute" girl. I crushed on many guys. All they needed was spiked hair and sagging jeans. One of them is now a singer in Karachi and comes on Radio FM91 now and then. Another runs major art projects around the city. I sure do know how to pick 'em.
I crushed on H too, but I never saw it heading anywhere. Look how that turned out, haha.
And drama. So much of it. And rebellion. I was this close to being expelled. Instead, I was suspended. And failing tests was a regular.
I wish I knew how I got my act together so I could give advice to people about it.
Now, there's none of that in me. No cute boys, no rebel, no failing. I'm this straitlaced person now. Unbelievable in my eyes.
 Kicking the habit of biting nails is so hard, crazy hard. Struggling.
Going to make a list of the people who can see my full profile on Facebook. Later.

1 comment:

~RainDrops said...

I can totally relate. I used to have a friend in the 4th grade, we got into this fight and she literally ended up clawing me in the face. A year ago she added me on facebook, we just did they hey hello thing and then in a couple of weeks she blocked and deleted me just like that. Crazy girls