October 26, 2012

Cold and crisp.

I looove winters. A hundred times better than summers.
People write all those songs about "summer love" and the "summer time", but I don't get it. I really don't. Why isn't winter mentioned in songs? How can winter not be loved?
You get to bake banana bread. And carrot cake. And just about any other confectionery.
Blankets are so much more better than air conditioners.
The red, juicy anaar are in season!
Boots outrank pumps/sandals in every way.
With the heater on, and your entire family around it, and cracking open pistachios and peanuts and reminiscing about how last year's winter was.
The air's crisp. I can't explain it, crisp air is much more amazing than humid, sticky air. No?
The entire style of it all. A nice warm coat, a scarf, skinny jeans, boots. It just looks amazing.
Your hair never getting fried or messed up.

Winters. Rule. I'm glad the season's back, and I'm alive to enjoy it.





6 comments:

cricketfreak said...

I wish I lived in a place where there are seasons

xxcomplicationsxx said...

I completely agree with you! Haha I've been trying to convince everyone I know that winter is the best! :)

Anonymous said...

Totally with you on this! :)

lil-bee said...

I .. I was gonna say I love winters but thats not true .. I hate summers so winters are a better option I guess :P but then again, it rains here all the time, more so in the winter so I guess I do miss the sunshine :/ though I still prefer winter over summer, even in London!

Eddie said...

You just expressed your love for winter seasons exactly how I would have. Agree with every alphabet of this post (Y)

Morpheus said...

I'm a winter newbie. I've been a summer person for a long time. Well technically not summer, spring actually.. although, summer love and summer time are concepts I understand.
Its like the balloons on your blog template. They make me think of words like summer love and carousel, and carnival.
Its that feeling of being free I think, the yellows and the oranges, and the light blues.. The secrets of summer break. The flowers, and the sun. Not scorching sun though.

I've become a winter person now though, I think its cause summers have become harder to bear in Pakistan now.. and also cause I get to finally enjoy winters now, being in college and all. Winter months are usually prep months so I can stay in bed as long as I want and love every bit of it.
I mostly think my bad winter memories are associated with cold school mornings haha.

Gotta love the boots yes!